ADVERTISEMENT

Bama safety rips Dabo

Dabo can't help himself and their fans just worship him although he is the biggest douchebag in college football.

giphy.gif

also said that Renfrow's claim about contacting him was a lie. Clemson's coach and players all seem to take a class on self-promotion. The whole way they act and present themselves seems to be staged for appearance. They are the Harlem Globetrotters of college football.
That is the part that really stood out to me.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
NEW ORLEANS -- Alabama safety Tony Brown thanked Clemson for providing the motivation the Tide needed to beat the Tigers in Monday night's Allstate Sugar Bowl.

After Alabama's 24-6 win in the CFP semifinal, Brown told AL.com that Clemson coach Dabo Swinney disrespected the Tide by voting them at No. 5, behind Big Ten champion Ohio State, in the final coaches' poll.

"I love Dabo for all the ammunition he gave this team, man," Brown said on a video posted by AL.com. "He gave this team a lot of ammunition to come play this game and ready to dominate every play. Told us we weren't ready, told us we weren't worthy of [being] a top-four team. Look, that's what happens when you talk trash to us. We're going to show you."
Brown also disputed Clemson wide receiver Hunter Renfrow's claim that he apologized to Brown for talking trash in last season's national championship game. Renfrow said last week that he thought he could get in Brown's head by apologizing.

"He was kind of taken off guard by it," Renfrow said. "And sometimes that's the best kind of trash talk, just to be positive."

Brown called Renfrow's claim "a complete lie."

"From what I heard, he said we were talking trash during the game, and he felt bad about what happened during the game, and he tried to contact me," said Brown, who had a tackle and a pass breakup in Alabama's win. "It didn't happen. That didn't happen at all. ... That was a complete lie. But like I said, I appreciate it. I love it."

I truly believe that they are coached on promoting their image, or the "Clemson brand". I don't know whether to commend them on being innovative or feel disgusted because it's all a big lie. I think I'm going to go with the latter.
I'm waiting to hear all the excuses from the orange clad fans about how Dabo was ripping his QB and assistants a new one last night.

I'm waiting to hear all the excuses from the orange clad fans about how Dabo was ripping his QB and assistants a new one last night.
Not related to the above, but did you see Saban get on his OC there in the fourth quarter? It was awful. If the man hadn't already been bald-headed, Saban would have singed his hair off.

Not related to the above, but did you see Saban get on his OC there in the fourth quarter? It was awful. If the man hadn't already been bald-headed, Saban would have singed his hair off.
He wanted more points. Ha, gotta love it.

Reactions: king ward
I actually think Saban wanted to run clock more than he wanted to score points. Hurts threw the ball out of bounds on consecutive plays. I was yelling at the OC through my TV screen to run the dang ball.
You're probably right about extending the drive and using more clock. I think Todd Marinovich mentioned Saban wanted another td so I was going off that.

And letting a player with a concussion play. No one in the media ever questions Dabo and his win at any cost including at the expense of his player's health.

Last edited:
That was bad. Not sure he had a concussion, but...if not...it was too close to determine he was safe to play.
Amen to that. Nowadays doctors, trainers and coaches with the athlete's best interest at heart treat anything that remotely resembles a concussion as one.

Reactions: rogue cock

You don't get to be the best in the business by settling for average.

You don't get to be the best in the business by settling for average.

Yes, but it's important to understand what he was upset about. It wasn't about not scoring 50 points. He was mad because the offense wasn't running clock. And, indeed, on the last drive by Clemson, Anthony Jennings, the DE who dominated that game, busted his knee and is out for the Georgia game. Saban needs to fire his OC. There was no way Clemson was going to score in that game. Stop working on that freakin' passing game and just run out the clock. It looks like Christian Miller will get a lot a playing time in his place. It's unreal the kind of depth Bama has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT