ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer apologizes for play call before halfitme

“I’m always going to be aggressive, but that probably wasn’t the time for it.”

I dunno. I don’t have a huge problem with it, considering the game. In a close game, it would have been horrible. Doty just needed to get rid of the ball.
He was probably hoping like me that the O line would get it together just this one time.

I swear it looked like we were in punt return and not punt block on that play he’s talking about. The play in the end zone, well there’s not much you can do. We weren’t going to run it out of there.

It's really not uncommon to pass in that position, I see it all the time. But with our line play a safety was guaranteed no matter what play was called. Best bet would have been pass. either incomplete or complete. If not any gain of yardage a punt from a position of 11 yards from the line of scrimmage is very problematic. It would have to be a very quick kick. We were screwed as soon has the ball was downed where it was. I missed the punt and where it landed, looked up in time to see the ga player waiting for the ball to come to him. Could we have fielded it?

My issue was not rolling the pocket. Run pass option to the outside.

Folks said we should sneak. I’m not sure he wouldn’t have been tackled for a safety anyways.

The drop back bothered me. I too yelled “throw the da*n ball, but he may had been called for illegal grounding if inside the tackle box.

The call was meh. Given the circumstances, it was asking too much.

The lack of execution was no surprise.

I swear it looked like we were in punt return and not punt block on that play he’s talking about. The play in the end zone, well there’s not much you can do. We weren’t going to run it out of there.
I could understand a short drop quick hit pass....but the one called took too long to develop. It should have been one quick read and if not open throw it away.

I could understand a short drop quick hit pass....but the one called took too long to develop. It should have been one quick read and if not open throw it away.

Yep.

Quick hit.

Get out the pocket so throwing it away is an option,

Bottom line - the line of scrimmage was an absolute crime scene. Our linemen were mere chalk outlines.

The fact it had to bring immense joy to Chump was also criminal.

Flush it. Learn. Do better. Get better.

Yep.

Quick hit.

Get out the pocket so throwing it away is an option,

Bottom line - the line of scrimmage was an absolute crime scene. Our linemen were mere chalk outlines.

The fact it had to bring immense joy to Chump was also criminal.

Flush it. Learn. Do better. Get better.
I doubt it gave any joy to Muschamp....but he was probably thinking that we should have kept Wolford on staff.

I doubt it gave any joy to Muschamp....but he was probably thinking that we should have kept Wolford on staff.

That play is as set up by the excellent special teams play to down it at the goal line.

Nah, he loved the Hades out it, as he should.

And, sticking it to us had to feel good.

That play is as set up by the excellent special teams play to down it at the goal line.

Did you play sports? You must not have much of an understanding of the relationship between a coach and his players to even think he felt good about that.

Reactions: Cybercock
Did you play sports? You must not have much of an understanding of the relationship between a coach and his players to even think he felt good about that.

What is with weak posers and “did you play sports”?

Most men, particularly on a message board, played sports.

If you don’t think Chump loved not only the victory but the role his ST unit in general, and that play in particular, played, then you should stick to shining your participation trophies.

Joy in sticking it to the University that you ghosted after being fired and feeling similar joy over the failure of individual players is not mutually exclusive.

What is with weak posers and “did you play sports”?

Most men, particularly on a message board, played sports.

If you don’t think Chump loved not only the victory but the role his ST unit in general, and that play in particular, played, then you should stick to shining your participation trophies.

Joy in sticking it to the University that you ghosted after being fired and feeling similar joy over the failure of individual players is not mutually exclusive.
I am sure he enjoyed the play of his ST unit....the remainder is utter BS. You are simply digging deep in a pile of crap to criticize.

How do you know that wasn’t the intent? What did I miss; did Beamer say the call was a five step drop and go thru progressions?

I had no problem with the decision to quick pass us into some breathing room; I preferred that over trying to smash mouth it out of there. I DID have a problem with the execution.

How do you know that wasn’t the intent? What did I miss; did Beamer say the call was a five step drop and go thru progressions?

I had no problem with the decision to quick pass us into some breathing room; I preferred that over trying to smash mouth it out of there. I DID have a problem with the execution.
If that wasn't the intent...the QB really messed it up....simply take the snap look to the sideline and throw it.

I like the fact that he wants to attack ... the obvious issues on doing it in this situation is obvious and was obvious at that time, but I am so weary of Muschamp and his coaching "not to lose" ... that loss in Gainesville a couple of years ago where he just sat on the ball and we gave up that big lead ... that irks me ... at least we now have a mindset to attack ... key is to get OL that both know what to do and have the physical and mental acumen to do it AND to get recruits in there ... our beloved brother Bobby Bowden said "it's not a secret ... go out and get better players" ... we are in a rebuild mode ...

Life is good - Peace!

He stuck it to us when he shit the bed as a HC, took a huge fat buyout to leave our program on the worst state it had been in since 99 and the way he sold kids on making it to the league instead of a team first, make SC better. He stuck it to us enough, if that sucker never sees another day it won’t be soon enough

• Sad
Reactions: rogue cock
He stuck it to us when he shit the bed as a HC, took a huge fat buyout to leave our program on the worst state it had been in since 99 and the way he sold kids on making it to the league instead of a team first, make SC better. He stuck it to us enough, if that sucker never sees another day it won’t be soon enough

Wait, did you just advocate for Muschamp dying? lol

You might be taking this too seriously.

“I’m always going to be aggressive, but that probably wasn’t the time for it.”

I dunno. I don’t have a huge problem with it, considering the game. In a close game, it would have been horrible. Doty just needed to get rid of the ball.
I remember lou called a pass that went for like 90+ to Troy W. I believe

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I remember lou called a pass that went for like 90+ to Troy W. I believe
That was a quick slant, which is the type of pass play that should've been called Saturday if we were going to throw the ball in that situation.

I'll say again: It's not that we called a pass play, it's which type of pass play we called, given the circumstances.

That's my only gripe about the situation. Because I love an aggressive attitude from coaches -- especially after Muschamp.

Last edited:

We had had some success with the deep ball, he was trying to get some momentum, Doty has to get rid of it quicker. Beamer was trying to keep us in the game, I was not really mad about it, it was a refreshing change form Muschamp, It was 2 pts, I hate the way the defense allowed the quick 3 points, I was hoping Muschamp would tell Kirby to take a knee and go into halftime when we they got the ball after the safety :).

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
It didnt cost us the game, I think sometimes you got to try to do something when you are overmatched. I dont blame him for trying and I like to see the aggressiveness. If it had been Muschamp, he would have tried to run ISO three times and probably get stopped in the end zone for a safety anyway.

Reactions: surfincock
Even the pros mess this up Dallas blew 25 seconds before the half against the Chargers and luckily kicked a 56 yarder to win. But they should have made that a much easier FG than 56.

Beamer will be apologizing a lot this year

I'd prefer he didn't. He is such a good person that he is taking it all a little too personally but I think that's his good nature. He is all about building confidence in this fragile team. But much of this penalty stuff is on the kids IMO. Now repeating them game after game is on him and his staff. So I'm hoping for a lot of clean up Saturday.

Probably no call was a good call Jawga had us just where they wanted us. Someone asked Bear Bryant once why he made a call he told the reporter if he had 30 minutes to think about it he would have called a different play.

Excellent. Muschamp would have never admitted that.

Learn and move on. And get that Oline fixed.
I respectfully disagree. Chump’s favorite line was,” it’s on us as coaches…” followed closely by, “ we didn’t maintain gap integrity…“.
I’m proud that we fought until the end. That wouldn’t have happened under Muschamp.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT