ADVERTISEMENT

Beating UF was awesome! Beating Mizzu will…

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
1. Give us six wins, which makes us bowl eligible
2. Equal the total wins of the last two years
3. Double what many forecast we would win (almost double the 3.5 predictions)
4. Quiet the Negative Nancy
5. Help the coaches on the recruiting trail
6. Probably add 10-15 thousand fans at WB for the last two games
7. Whatever else my fellow Gamecocks can add

I hope we can pull it off. It seems like whenever we have an epic win followed by a game against a more beatable opponent we always seem to crap the bed. Remember how we followed the huge win over #1 Alabama? But since this team hasn't won enough to become overconfident, hopefully that won't be the case. Fingers crossed.

I hope we can pull it off. It seems like whenever we have an epic win followed by a game against a more beatable opponent we always seem to crap the bed. Remember how we followed the huge win over #1 Alabama? But since this team hasn't won enough to become overconfident, hopefully that won't be the case. Fingers crossed.
Your worry is my worry. That's part of being a Gamecock fan. But it sure seems like a different team after the bye week.

Great list...I think you nailed it.

If we can finish the season with the arrow pointing up, that'll obviously be huge for Beamer's ongoing recruiting efforts. This is a pretty big game, and #5 on your list is very important for the program.

Get a huge new contract extension for Beamer and staff.

That's a BIG no! I am vetoing that one from the list. Let's wait a couple of years.
Yeah if he loves being here as much as he said when he was hired, there shouldnt be a pressing need for a huge contract extension in year one

quiet the negative nancy? you havent been here long, have you?

quiet the negative nancy? you havent been here long, have you?
Actually, I have been around for a few years. Been a diehard Gamecock for several decades! I was just being optimistic. But you're probably right. We could beat Mizzu and Clemson, and some would still probably be unhappy about something or another. But today the sun is shining brightly. Go Cocks!

Reactions: TAV31
Actually, I have been around for a few years. Been a diehard Gamecock for several decades! I was just being optimistic. But you're probably right. We could beat Mizzu and Clemson, and some would still probably be unhappy about something or another. But today the sun is shining brightly. Go Cocks!
I don't think anybody will be negative if we beat Missouri and Clemson....and lose to Auburn (let's say).
I will be ecstatic about it if that happens. It does not change the fact that we have not played well against a normal/healthy power 5 or group of 5 team this year. God knows I hope Carolina plays well the rest of the year - but don't you and the other pumpers find this over reaction weird? We all know the UF situation with their coaches, the flu and the Cocktail party hangover. Instantly talking about winning 2 out of the last 3, bringing up Taneyhill comparisons, etc....seems like it's setting yourselves up for more failure. I hope it helps confidence...but I don't think the remaining scheduled teams give a crap about it.
Our group continues to play hard every game - and I love that about them. I think it's a direct reflection of the coaching staff....which is the biggest positive about our staff thus far.

I don't think anybody will be negative if we beat Missouri and Clemson....and lose to Auburn (let's say).
I will be ecstatic about it if that happens. It does not change the fact that we have not played well against a normal/healthy power 5 or group of 5 team this year. God knows I hope Carolina plays well the rest of the year - but don't you and the other pumpers find this over reaction weird? We all know the UF situation with their coaches, the flu and the Cocktail party hangover. Instantly talking about winning 2 out of the last 3, bringing up Taneyhill comparisons, etc....seems like it's setting yourselves up for more failure. I hope it helps confidence...but I don't think the remaining scheduled teams give a crap about it.
Our group continues to play hard every game - and I love that about them. I think it's a direct reflection of the coaching staff....which is the biggest positive about our staff thus far.
You and others claimed there was no way we would beat UF. We did and the excuse is now the flu, internal turmoil, etc.
Not a single mention of that PRIOR to Saturday

I honestly don't think I'm over-reacting to think we have a shot at beating Mizzu. I thought that before the UF game. And the big win over Florida (yes, I know they're down a bit) has simply increased my hope that the Mizzu game is winnable. My preseason prediction was 6-6. I think we have a real shot at that. And if we do continue to play well, I think the Clemson game is also within reach (again, due to their being down). All said and done, we could end up 7-5. Who knows-- maybe 8-5 with a bowl win. I choose to hope for good things to happen, my friend. And should we lose out, I'll still be a Gamecock fan. Go Cocks!

You and others claimed there was no way we would beat UF. We did and the excuse is now the flu, internal turmoil, etc.
Not a single mention of that PRIOR to Saturday

Exactly. It was the same with Jason Brown before the UF game...the same crowd of football experts insisted that Brown was a turnover machine, and starting him would not make the offense any better. He played quite well, and was the spark that we all needed. After the game? Nah...it wasn't Brown. It was the RBs and the Oline!

Reactions: taiwancock
I choose to hope for good things to happen, my friend. And should we lose out, I'll still be a Gamecock fan. Go Cocks!
Amen. Well stated. Used to be more or less the norm.

There is a contingent who are more focused on berating fans for being fans than they are in our football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT