ADVERTISEMENT

Beer...(I like Beer)

Y'all are killing me! For some reason beer is not available in Mexico now because of the pandemic. There is plenty of wine and whiskey. Go figure. I would settle for any brand at this point....

Y'all are killing me! For some reason beer is not available in Mexico now because of the pandemic. There is plenty of wine and whiskey. Go figure. I would settle for any brand at this point....
Not even Sol? We did a two week cruise a couple years ago and went into a jewelry store in Puerto Vallarta and the sales guy kept bringing me Sol the entire time we were in there. Probably worked for him well in the past but he didn’t know I have a very high tolerance for beer and my wife is the one that loves the negotiation process and she doesn’t drink.

Not even Sol? We did a two week cruise a couple years ago and went into a jewelry store in Puerto Vallarta and the sales guy kept bringing me Sol the entire time we were in there. Probably worked for him well in the past but he didn’t know I have a very high tolerance for beer and my wife is the one that loves the negotiation process and she doesn’t drink.
Nope! Nothing is available. I like Sol myself. To make matters worse, we have a 7 pm curfew and only two people are allowed in a car at one time. Bizarro world!

Reactions: Dizzy01
What's your choice of beer? Me...IPA, Westbrook is one of the best IPA's around along with Jai Alai
Falstaff, it’s the thirst slaker you know for those of you who remember Dizzy Dean’s commercials when he announced Major League Baseball games back in the 1960’s. He is one of my favorite MLB announcers of all time. I think his sidekick was Peewee Reese. I was also a big STL Cardinals fan back then. Of course Falstaff is no longer made.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Anything Olde Mecklenburg Brewery makes is solid.
If you have a palate for some heavier, higher abv stuff, Wynnewood (they make the Hobgoblin line) is a fantastic brewery.
If I'm on the lake Victory brewing has some great lighter ales.
PBR gets a bad rap by the way.
It crushes Coors,Bud,and Miller if you're a domestic/light person.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Anything Olde Mecklenburg Brewery makes is solid.
If you have a palate for some heavier, higher abv stuff, Wynnewood (they make the Hobgoblin line) is a fantastic brewery.
If I'm on the lake Victory brewing has some great lighter ales.
PBR gets a bad rap by the way.
It crushes Coors,Bud,and Miller if you're a domestic/light person.
I'd rather drink a PBR or even Narragansett than Bud-Miller-Coors. At least they taste differently cheap. Maybe that makes me half-hipster, half-crafty snob. IDC, I have an aversion to the Big 3 of cheap, tasteless beer. I thought it was hilarious that Bud Light made commercials about not having corn in their beer but omitted they simply replaced it with rice. Either is a cheap replacement for starch in beers that taste like nothing. These beers also tend to give me hiccups because they're overcarbonated to hide the lack of flavor. The reason people drink those beers is they're cheap. To each his own, of course. I have friends who think Lite is what beer should taste like. One of them goes on about how Lite tastes so much better than Bud Light.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT