ADVERTISEMENT

Beginning to get that familiar sinking feeling

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
Funte = Gone
Smart = Likely Gone
Fedora = Unlikely
Herman = Unknown ????

We need a new HC by Monday or Tuesday...not the 12th.
If it is Fedora, Herman, or Smart...they all will have played on Saturday and are done except some meaningless bowl game. No reason that they could not get it done by then.

Funte = Gone
Smart = Likely Gone
Fedora = Unlikely
Herman = Unknown ????

If it is Fedora, Herman, or Smart...they all will have played on Saturday and are done except some meaningless bowl game. No reason that they could not get it done by then.

Patience is a virtue. Are you vicious???

Funte = Gone
Smart = Likely Gone
Fedora = Unlikely
Herman = Unknown ????

I doubt Tanner cares much about your schedule.

Reactions: GamecockJL
I'm not going to swear they're not going to do it, but it seems like it would be a pretty stupid move for UGA to fire a 9-10 win coach for an assistant with no HC experience. Now granted they (and we) would be banking on the potential, but there seems to be too much risk when they had Richt. Almost feels like they have to go after an established name.

What scares me is if we do make a mistake we are stuck with the dude for years and years because Ray won't fire coaches.

Geez! It must suck to be you!!! To have nothing insightful to add or rebuttal with.
Just some prick comment based on nothing.

Not trying to be a prick. I just thought it was stupid for you to say we need to hire a coach by tomorrow or Tuesday. Please tell me what was insightful about your post.

Not trying to be a prick. I just thought it was stupid for you to say we need to hire a coach by tomorrow or Tuesday. Please tell me what was insightful about your post.
I believe he meant Monday the 9th as opposed to Thursday the 12th, as has been mentioned.

More reading and less judging...
I did not say by tomorrow or Tuesday. I said by next Monday or Tuesday.
Following their AAC, ACC, and SEC games.
Can't see why it should cause us to lose 5-6 more days.

Reactions: gspaint
A horrible year to be looking for hc. This actually bodes well for Elliots chances.

Surely you are not serious. Good cheerleader. Passionate. But the man was standing on the sidelines when we got drug up and down the field by the Citadel. Maybe Elliott does get the gig. But if he does it will be because they are turned down by everybody else they contact and get desperate. But can't imagine that happening. Doubt Ray wants to skate on that thin ice.

We can compete with anyone, get who we need and build a sustainable, excellent football program that competes year-in and year-out for championships. The guy we WANT 'most' is the guy who wants US ... we've got the resources to compete so why anyone is worrying about WHO before the lay of the land is known is worrying for no good reason.
Our last two coaches changed the 'landscape' at South Carolina, while proving not only can we compete but also WIN (and recruit) here - both coaches were legends, both had won National Championships, both won games as GAMECOCKS that we never dreamed we could win (and win consistently) - and now our circumstances are even BETTER than when they entered the picture, we're in MUCH BETTER shape 'program-wise' than before they arrived - facilities, regional and national recognition, administration support, fan-base support, conference and television money, you name it it's FAR better NOW than post-1998. The last decade and a half has been great for South Carolina football (ALL things considered).
We'll get OUR guy ... I'm more worried about Richt returning to Miami and recruiting the U, rebuilding that program and dominating college football the way Miami did for a LONG TIME than I am about losing some currently 'hot' guy to UGA, Southern Cal, Texas or VA Tech.
The SAME names are on most lists and it won't be $$$ that causes one to go somewhere else instead of coming here. U Texas is full of 'meddlers' ... at UGA the job seems almost impossible to satisfy their fan-base, VA Tech isn't the 'backwater' clemson is but it IS a L O N G W A Y from 'bout anywhere when you're living in Blacksburg, VA and nobody we'd REALLY want (IMHO) would interest US if he's 'interested' in So Cal.
As a 'general rule' OC's make better HC's than DC's ... NOBODY WILL EVER BE THE 1961 Alabama Crimson Tide again, EVER. Undefeated 11-0, SEC Champion, National Champion while scoring 301 points and giving up only 25 - TWENTY-FIVE!!! points in an entire season - SIX 'shutouts' and no one scored more than 7 points in a single game (and that only happened ONCE).
Best team, most dominant team in the HISTORY of college football ... and the 'Bear' was an 'offensive' minded guy ... his 1961 'defense' was led by a young 'firebrand' named Gene Stallings and DC, Charlie Bradshaw (who took the HC job at Kentucky in '62 - a team that started the season with 88 players and ended with just 30) - much like his mentor, Bryant did at Texas A&M in 1956.
Sc is going to be just fine. We'll get an 'offensive' minded guy - he'll hire a GREAT DC and we'll go from there. It's going to be just fine.

b86491a76c5008c5618a4b6e02e91923.jpg

We can compete with anyone, get who we need and build a sustainable, excellent football program that competes year-in and year-out for championships. The guy we WANT 'most' is the guy who wants US ... we've got the resources to compete so why anyone is worrying about WHO before the lay of the land is known is worrying for no good reason.
Our last two coaches changed the 'landscape' at South Carolina, while proving not only can we compete but also WIN (and recruit) here - both coaches were legends, both had won National Championships, both won games as GAMECOCKS that we never dreamed we could win (and win consistently) - and now our circumstances are even BETTER than when they entered the picture, we're in MUCH BETTER shape 'program-wise' than before they arrived - facilities, regional and national recognition, administration support, fan-base support, conference and television money, you name it it's FAR better NOW than post-1998. The last decade and a half has been great for South Carolina football (ALL things considered)................................................
Sc is going to be just fine. We'll get an 'offensive' minded guy - he'll hire a GREAT DC and we'll go from there. It's going to be just fine.

Wow SS1! You have a positive, sensible response to everyone on the window ledges. Are you sure you're on the right board? Positivity doesn't happen on here very often.

I'm not going to swear they're not going to do it, but it seems like it would be a pretty stupid move for UGA to fire a 9-10 win coach for an assistant with no HC experience. Now granted they (and we) would be banking on the potential, but there seems to be too much risk when they had Richt. Almost feels like they have to go after an established name.
Brad Scott is all that has to be said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT