ADVERTISEMENT

Besides the obvious UGA and CU games, which game scares you the most ...

FWB4294

Oct 21, 2012
Easy one for me ... Missouri . If that defense shows any improvement that game could be a nightmare . Drew Locke is a potential 1st Rounder with a Cannon and they have a lot of explosive playmakers against our very inexperienced secondary . I feel dumb not saying Kentucky but i just can’t get the idea in my brain that we can lose to them again . Not sure what to expect from A&M or Ole Miss so I’m going with Mizou

Reactions: tjcock
Meh, I am not worried about a Dooley offense. I would say the gators. I absolutely believe we will solve the KY mystery this year and I am hitting the pause button on UT until I see what kind of meddle Pruitt has as a coach.

Reactions: bbad95
Florida on the road. They played us terrible last year, but that was some pretty poor coaching. They should be better this year. We definitely can't play as sloppy as we did last year and expect to win.

Reactions: 92Pony
As others have said, Flauduh. They are GONNA have athletes. I'm afraid Mullen may get them playing some ball. In their house - will be a tough game.

However, truth be told, I have trepidation over TAMU, KY and Vandy. We've yet to beat one. One has had our number for 4yrs straight, and the other always seems to play us tough. UT is really an unknown as well.

Reactions: rogue cock
Until proven otherwise Kentucky. I’m worried we might lose to Florida but less embarrassing than Kentucky

Don't overlook Ole Miss either. Traveling there and it being sandwiched in between the Tennessee and Florida games could be one of those games where we look like we are half asleep. It'll likely be a 12:00 game too, even worse.

Kentucky for sure. We need to beat the teams that should be less talented. We must play with desire in every game. Others on the schedule I can accept as long as we do not beat ourselves, but we should not lose to Kentucky ever.

Easy one for me ... Missouri . If that defense shows any improvement that game could be a nightmare . Drew Locke is a potential 1st Rounder with a Cannon and they have a lot of explosive playmakers against our very inexperienced secondary . I feel dumb not saying Kentucky but i just can’t get the idea in my brain that we can lose to them again . Not sure what to expect from A&M or Ole Miss so I’m going with Mizou[/QUOTE

KENTUCKY

Easy one for me ... Missouri . If that defense shows any improvement that game could be a nightmare . Drew Locke is a potential 1st Rounder with a Cannon and they have a lot of explosive playmakers against our very inexperienced secondary . I feel dumb not saying Kentucky but i just can’t get the idea in my brain that we can lose to them again . Not sure what to expect from A&M or Ole Miss so I’m going with Mizou
If we lose to Ken-tucky. again, I might have to commit Seppuku with a rusty butter knife.

Skeered say skeered. I ain't skeered.

Coastal...then whoever is next.
I don't know what kind of fan this makes me, but this was going to be my post unless someone else did it first. Been a fan since the early 80's. I know hope. I know excitement (1984, 1987, and SOS's three year run), and I know bitter disappointment (too many). But hope springs eternal, and I'm ready for a great year. Let's beat Coastal. Go Cocks!

A&M is next team, after the first two ommissions, comparable to us in talent that I think will be another close game with them, but at home we eek out a close win. Jimbo might rally them to play better than expected, but I think in his first year, we have a coaching advantage. Next year could be a whale of a game in College Station. That still might happen this year. Only team worrisome at the moment. Looking forward to how they shake out up to our game.

Assuming Kentucky doesn't break Deebo's leg again, we should have a talent edge, when healthy, this year. Deebo and his teammates have this one circled on the calendar. I will be shocked if we don't win by ten points or more.

Missouri will put some points on us, but no defense to stop us. We have a better defense. Something like 38-24 South Carolina. When they firm up their defense, watch out.

Ole Miss is similar but maybe better defense, maybe. Offense will be a step down from last year, maybe. Something like 35-21 South Carolina.

Florida isnt as talented as some seem to think they are. They are roughly about same as Kentucky, but Kentucky beats them this year. They may be "coached up" by our game, but our offense is too much for them. I'm guessing something like 27-17

A&M is next team, after the first two ommissions, comparable to us in talent that I think will be another close game with them, but at home we eek out a close win. Jimbo might rally them to play better than expected, but I think in his first year, we have a coaching advantage. Next year could be a whale of a game in College Station. That still might happen this year. Only team worrisome at the moment. Looking forward to how they shake out up to our game.

Assuming Kentucky doesn't break Deebo's leg again, we should have a talent edge, when healthy, this year. Deebo and his teammates have this one circled on the calendar. I will be shocked if we don't win by ten points or more.

Missouri will put some points on us, but no defense to stop us. We have a better defense. Something like 38-24 South Carolina. When they firm up their defense, watch out.

Ole Miss is similar but maybe better defense, maybe. Offense will be a step down from last year, maybe. Something like 35-21 South Carolina.

Florida isnt as talented as some seem to think they are. They are roughly about same as Kentucky, but Kentucky beats them this year. They may be "coached up" by our game, but our offense is too much for them. I'm guessing something like 27-17
If that's how things work out (4-0 vs UK, Mizzou, OleMiss & UF) then it will make for a very good season.

If that's how things work out (4-0 vs UK, Mizzou, OleMiss & UF) then it will make for a very good season.
Of those four, Kentucky is probably the best balanced and talented. But like I said, that game is circled. We will not be flat for that game, and will be highly motivated. Still gotta keep Snell in check, he could hurt us if we don't plug the holes.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
All I know is about Wednesday before each game Freddie.B.Cocky is gonna be nervous as hell about EACH ONE. :)

Haha, dang man, I was feeling good about the season before reading this thread....now ya got me all nervous!

The game that "scares" me would be Marshall. UT,UF,TAMU,UK you expect a dog fight and know it should be a tough game.
Marshall however is a pretty talented ball club and will undoubtedly come in hoping to make a statement. Very important to have our players to have their heads on straight, and not overlook this team.
The days of gimme games are pretty much over in CFB.

None of them scare me; I won't miss a meal no matter what happens.
I'm with King Ward. There are games I think we can/might lose, but I've long since stopped legitimately worrying/stressing about how my Alma Mater's football team will do in an upcoming season.
I enjoy it, I get into it, and for that one Saturday USC football occupies a HUGE part of my day. But, I get a kick when I hear fans telling each other, "We need to be focused on X game or Y game." Guys, WE don't matter. What we focus on doesn't matter. Have fun, enjoy talking football, and have spirited debates. It only matters where the team and those immediately around them are focused.

I'm with King Ward. There are games I think we can/might lose, but I've long since stopped legitimately worrying/stressing about how my Alma Mater's football team will do in an upcoming season.
I enjoy it, I get into it, and for that one Saturday USC football occupies a HUGE part of my day. But, I get a kick when I hear fans telling each other, "We need to be focused on X game or Y game." Guys, WE don't matter. What we focus on doesn't matter. Have fun, enjoy talking football, and have spirited debates. It only matters where the team and those immediately around them are focused.
Great post...the older we get, the less these things matter. Enjoy the games!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT