ADVERTISEMENT

Best Bets Week 5. Underdogs come home edition and a Nod to the Tampa Bay Rays. Betting darlings.

R

Reddfoxx1

Before the baseball season, somebody on GC was opining about what Baseball team to root for in 2020. Of course he was bombarded from Braves fans to side with the local fav....
‘And he/she would have been rewarded with what was a really fun season from Atlanta. So much to pull for. I really thought (And still do) that team was immune to the Atlanta Sports jinx. But.....I recommend for one shortened bizarre season, to choose the Tampa Bay Rays. A rag tag team with Infinite arms And 4 ex-Pittsburgh Pirates. We recommended the Rays for the AL East (+350) The AL pennant (+1400) and the World Series (+2500). Throw in a series win over the Yankees as an underdog, and my 12-13 college football season Doesn’t hurt as much....

Go Rays. And thank you.

3-3 last week
12-13 on the season
15-10 in all SEC picks (3-1 with USC)

Music picks for the week
Sturgill Simpson
I Dont mind.

Black Pumas
Confines

Liz Cooper and the Stampede
Dali Llama

on to week 5. We go crazy with 10 picks. Mostly dogs.
Underdogs

‘When we say sprinkle on these, we mean put a little (25%) of your bet on the money line. Meaning we think the underdog has a chance to win the game outright.

Git some dogs with fleas and some questionable favorites. Write ups will be shorter, but we like these picks this week.

Game 1
Rutgers +14 over Michigan State.
That’s right. Rutgers. Who was 0-9 in conference last year. But We like new coach Greg Schiano. He has brought17 freshman 11 transfers. Eleven. 8 from Big 10 schools, including Nebraska QB Noah Vedral. The defense , gulp, will be good. And Sparty stinks. Rutgers will be the Arkansas of the Big 10. Competitive. Sprinkle

Sparty 20
Rutgers 14

Game 2
Iowa State +3.5 at Oklahoma State.
Its Brocktober. Coaching mismatch. Cyclones are playing great after a Covid nightmare opener. Sprinkle.

Game 3
Indiana +7 over Penn State
We love the Hoosiers here as Penn State is breaking in 8 new starters on defense. Hoosiers return a great offense and top 15 passing game vs a defense that was susceptible to the big play last year. PennState also struggled without all american WR KJ Hamlin, who is in the NFL, and starting RB Journey Brown is out for the year. Penn State also had 2 Covid opt outs in the secondary......and has Ohio State on deck. sprinkle.

Indiana 31
Penn State 28

Game 4
Ole Miss +3.5 over Auburn
Ole Miss QB Matt Carroll threw 6 picks last week, and the Rebels were still in the game. Terrible spot for the Rebs last week, but now they are a home dog....vs Auburn, who should be 0-4. Kiffen will move the ball, and the defense played much better last week. Again, Sprinkle

Ole Miss 38
Auburn 31

Game 5
Georgia Southern +6 over Coastal
Coastal, ranked for the first time ever, now faces prosperity vs a very good Ga Southern team. History shows Us this a terrible spot. Plenty to play for.

GS 34
CC 27

Game 6
TCU +7 over Oklahoma
Why? Because of history, that’s why. Oklahoma isn’t that good this year. TCU’s defense will be the key here.

Okalhoma 27
TCU 24

Game 7
Wake Forest +9 over Va Tech
Another big home dog. Wake has been impressive. Quietly. They are very well coached. Va Tech comes in after an inflated victory over BC due to 6 turnovers. If Wake holds on to the ball, they have a chance here.

VT 31
Wake 30

Game 8
Mizzou +5.5 Over Kentucky
This line stinks. We were down on UK last week, and will be again. Missouri has been sneaky good this year. Played Bama tough and beat LSU. Now they are getting nearly a touchdown vs the worst offense in the conference coming off a bye. Sprinkle

Mizzou 24
Kentucky 17

Now the 2 favorites

Louisville -5 over FSU - Louisville comes home after a month in the road
UNC -15 over NC State - Mack lays the hammer down after a fluky, embarrassing loss.

other SEC games
Tennessee +22 over Bama

South Carolina +6.5 over LSU
The thing that impressed me most last week was our toughness. I still worry about the QB and his lack of mobility. But Kevin Harris has given this this team an identity. LSU not having Brennan IS HUGE. We catch a break, and must take advantage. We will get LSU’s best shot early. Withstand the first half, and punish them on the ground. This is a coin toss game if Hill protects the ball. FG wins it In a low scoring game
Cocks 23
LSU 20

Good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News