ADVERTISEMENT

Big Picture

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
You can have a bad year and then a really bad year. We really need to try and have a bad year at 6-6 at the worst, make a bowl game and win it. We also need to pull for our rival to lose a couple games at least. That relegates them to the peach bowl, whoope. Its also a slap in the face if Chad Kelley keeps showing out. He is certainly more of a heisman candidate than Watson. I know many disagree and are pissed at Spurrier, but I believe he still has 5-6 years in him and will make another run.him finishing on a high note would benefit the program. You can criticize,but give the man the benefit of the doubt. He has accomplished things here You never thought possible. We need to start building the future around Brandon Mcalwain. He will be the best qb Spurrier has had at usc. It would also be helpful If the state had another lattimore or Clowney soon. Ok let's hear everyone else's opinion.

There is no guarantee McIlwain will come here and be a hero and rescue Spurrier, that's just wishful thinking. Even if he is an amazing QB as a freshman, there is so little talent around this offense now that I'm not sure we would even notice. Not to mention the Swiss-cheese style defense we seem to be employing these days.

No, I think the hole may actually be too deep this time. I don't really see Spurrier staying much longer. Unless something changes, I think we'll be fortunate to win 5 games.

Reactions: jbouton
There is no guarantee McIlwain will come here and be a hero and rescue Spurrier, that's just wishful thinking. Even if he is an amazing QB as a freshman, there is so little talent around this offense now that I'm not sure we would even notice. Not to mention the Swiss-cheese style defense we seem to be employing these days.

No, I think the hole may actually be too deep this time. I don't really see Spurrier staying much longer. Unless something changes, I think we'll be fortunate to win 5 games.

Well, you've had one good/great QB since Spurrier has been in Columbia. You won 33 games in 3 years with him. I'm not sure what exactly is going on with your defense, but I think you'll get better there.

I guess no guarantee mcalwain will be a hero, but make no mistake he is coming here.

We need heavy changes. This may not only be a bad year, it could hurt the program for several years.

You can have a bad year and then a really bad year. We really need to try and have a bad year at 6-6 at the worst, make a bowl game and win it. We also need to pull for our rival to lose a couple games at least. That relegates them to the peach bowl, whoope. Its also a slap in the face if Chad Kelley keeps showing out. He is certainly more of a heisman candidate than Watson. I know many disagree and are pissed at Spurrier, but I believe he still has 5-6 years in him and will make another run.him finishing on a high note would benefit the program. You can criticize,but give the man the benefit of the doubt. He has accomplished things here You never thought possible. We need to start building the future around Brandon Mcalwain. He will be the best qb Spurrier has had at usc. It would also be helpful If the state had another lattimore or Clowney soon. Ok let's hear everyone else's opinion.

There just isn't a lot of talent on this team and I don't see a lot of young players wanting to play for a coach in his 70's. I appreciate what the head ball coach has done for us but we need a younger head coach who can attract top players. We certainly have the facilities and the fan support but our football program is heading in the wrong direction and the more we lose, the more difficult it will be to recruit. Look how may top recruits bailed out on us last year after we had a mediocre season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT