ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest game thus far on Sat.

nursegirl25

Aug 29, 2005
Just my opinion and yes I know "the next game will always be the biggest in some ways"....However, this W could really help what is a very tough upcoming stretch....
Basically same record with both 3-3 in conference.....TN coming off tough road loss at MZ last night hopefully the slide will continue...

Unfortunately, we have a hot Florida team and a Texas Tech (although they lost last night) then home with MIss State before 2 tough road games @ A&M and Arkansas.......Then we STILL have to go to Tennessee, play UF again and play SEC leader Auburn twice!

One game at a time I suppose...

I was surprised at the crowd for the UK game - not in a good way. That never would have happened in the old days. The basketball culture isn't here as it was. That's just the fact.

Yea, in the old days SC would've packed the place to capacity with 12,000 fans instead of the 16,000 that showed up for the game

Last edited:
Reactions: Bclc829
Yea, in the old days SC would've packed the place to capacity with 12,000 fans
In the old days, it was 12,400 at a school that was just getting to the 20,000 vs. over 30,000 now in a city and state that were probably 60% as big as they are now. Students regularly camped out at the Russell House to get tickets and even lower-tier games filled the Coliseum. It didn't last long, but it was fun while it lasted. Leaving the ACC killed it.

Reactions: rogue cock
Key to the game is keeping Williams under control (boy I wish we had signed him). He is like a stronger Carrera with a little Silva mixed in. He can play inside and out and can get your bigs in foul trouble. I wonder if we will put Silva or Kotsar on him, my guess it will be Kotsar. Admiral Schofield has a similar game as well but shoots more from the outside. They are a very streaky shooting team so hoping we can limit their open looks and that they don't pull a Missouri on us.

Offensively we need to play inside out and get Silva his looks early and often. It would also be great if we can shoot better and not have as many long scoreless streaks like we always do. They are a tough team and like Frank said about playing UGA, it will probably end up being a rock fight

How many teams had 16000 fans show up for a game , this year or this week, regardless who the opponent was ...
Answer , very few teams
There weren't that many there. I was there. Very few fans in the upper tier. What's our actual capacity, now that they put that press section in the northwest corner? If capacity is 18,000, there weren't more than 11-12 thousand actually in the arena.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT