ADVERTISEMENT

BMac did a good job but Bobby cannot be a QB coach w/JB being his son.

Cocky89

Oct 31, 2015
We need a great QB coach to DEVELOPE Jake and future QB's....Roper was terrible....in the bowl game it took jake until the second half to be challenged. We need a QB coach to make jake consistent...not a wild card. Bring back Mangus!

We need a great QB coach to DEVELOPE Jake and future QB's....Roper was terrible....in the bowl game it took jake until the second half to be challenged. We need a QB coach to make jake consistent...not a wild card. Bring back Mangus!
Get lost!

Jake completed right at 60% of his passes which is about what he’s averaged for the year. Think he was 4-5 on balls thrown 20yds plus, and his only pick was on a deflected ball which should have been called back for pass interference. Not to mention he was the mvp. 2 weeks of practice wasn’t enough time to make major changes for anyone anyway
I think Jake’s biggest problem is between his ears. He hasn’t looked comfortable in the pocket since the texas a&m game. I don’t have a problem with his dad coaching him, but whoever does needs to settle him down in the pocket and teach him to make better pre-snap reads

q3iCWqE.gif

Reactions: bushmastercock
Jake completed right at 60% of his passes which is about what he’s averaged for the year. Think he was 4-5 on balls thrown 20yds plus, and his only pick was on a deflected ball which should have been called back for pass interference. Not to mention he was the mvp. 2 weeks of practice wasn’t enough time to make major changes for anyone anyway
I think Jake’s biggest problem is between his ears. He hasn’t looked comfortable in the pocket since the texas a&m game. I don’t have a problem with his dad coaching him, but whoever does needs to settle him down in the pocket and teach him to make better pre-snap reads

You went: "He hasn’t looked comfortable in the pocket since the Texas A&M game",
And I agree with you 100%.
After taking that 7-sack beating in front of 102,000 Texas A&Mers, I also noticed he just wasn't the same. He'd rush the ball out when "he heard imaginary footsteps coming" in future games.

Now, I'm still very grateful for what Jake Bentley has alREADY brought to the Gamecock football table. I LOOK FORWARD to how we keep an O Line healthier than this past season. Or better said, I look FORWARD to when we can recruit really well Offensive linemen---and COACH THEM UP.
Who to choose for Offensive Coordinator is important, but even MORE BASIC to us moving yet FURTHER ahead in 2018 has got to be keeping a DOMINANT
OFFENSIVE LINE ON CAROLINA'S FOOTBALL FIELD.
GO 'COCKS !
FEW SPORTS PUNDITS GAVE US A CHANCE TO BE 9 AND 4--OR WITH VICTORIES OVER NC STATE AND MICHIGAN IN 2017-2018 !!!

Last edited:
Bentleys sons played at Rutgers, Old Dominion, and South Carolina. I'd say it's safe to say he knows a little something about developing young QBs. He is also known for his QB camps. With the resources at the college level, he could be a good one. Maybe not the best one for now but he is no push over at that position

Reactions: Brace1
Bentley has some things to work on, but I also believe some of his issues will be resolved with a better OL. The OL showed improvement this year, but was still a glaring weakness. If you doubt, watch a replay of the bowl game. There was one OL in particular that was absolutely atrocious. Even the commentators mentioned how often he was getting beat, and not just out muscled, he looked like a bull fighter on several plays. Complete whiffs.

I'm not saying Bentley should be the permanent QB coach but 1 game does not seem like a proper evaluation period for such a definitive statement.

Reactions: bushmastercock
Bentley has some things to work on, but I also believe some of his issues will be resolved with a better OL. The OL showed improvement this year, but was still a glaring weakness. If you doubt, watch a replay of the bowl game. There was one OL in particular that was absolutely atrocious. Even the commentators mentioned how often he was getting beat, and not just out muscled, he looked like a bull fighter on several plays. Complete whiffs.

That one OL has graduated... Continue to recruit OL (and DL) guys is the REAL KEY to improvement!

Spend a lot of time on his back first half against michigan too, that'll rattle you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT