ADVERTISEMENT

BMac vs Bobo

First let me ask this, who do you want? Really I mean recruiting has improved tremendously our defensive line has 2 five stars and several 4 stars, when have we had QB's like this Hilinski 4 star, Luke 4 star, Colten 4 star and Stockton 5 star? Sure we have not had the depth but Spurrier quit recruiting and coaching his last 3 years here. Injuries have depleted the the defense the past 2 years. we had freshmen playing in their first game 2 years ago against Clemson. Just being honest who are we going to get? Everyone wanted Tom Herman and he is on the hot seat at Texas.
Recruiting means nothing if you can’t coach to their potential, and so far that has been Muschamps track record. It makes for more excitement on the recruiting front, but that much more disappointment when you lose. And he definitely has a penchant for losing.

I wonder where our offensive “parts” rank within our conference, especially since we are now playing a conference only schedule. If we, for instance, ranked each offensive group by talent/ability versus the rest of the conference, where might each unit be ranked? Thoughts appreciated, and rank by a simple system of 1-14. Takes a little research to have an educated opinion tbh. We all follow the QB position enough to have a decent opinion, but what about the other position groups? For instance, do you know how good/bad an OL KY has? Do you know the league’s TE positions? Which teams have the best WR talent? Etc......the true answers go a long way in evaluating Bobo’s performance year one. I think most will be surprised to find out how low most of these units are in talent versus the rest of our scheduled opponents this year. A case can certainly be made some of this is due to development, SC seems to have recruited decent “star rating” quality at some spots, though overall the team trend is typically ranked 7-9 seasonally in SEC recruiting rankings. Myself, I don’t see any group in the top half, with the exception being QB if Hillinski or Hill show out..which if true means we have to coach the hell out of these players this year to win 5 or more games and have better gameday coaching/strategy. Haven’t seen much of that yet.

Rank each 1-14 within the SEC: (appreciate all opinions and looking fwd to thoughts from GC fans)

QB
OL
RB/FB
WR
TE

Last edited:
Recruiting means nothing if you can’t coach to their potential, and so far that has been Muschamps track record. It makes for more excitement on the recruiting front, but that much more disappointment when you lose. And he definitely has a penchant for losing.
Yup.
He's missing something other coaches that are winning have. He changes coaches like oil, and still finds ways to lose.

I wonder where our offensive “parts” rank within our conference, especially since we are now playing a conference only schedule. If we, for instance, ranked each offensive group by talent/ability versus the rest of the conference, where might each unit be ranked? Thoughts appreciated, and rank by a simple system of 1-14. Takes a little research to have an educated opinion tbh. We all follow the QB position enough to have a decent opinion, but what about the other position groups? For instance, do you know how good/bad an OL KY has? Do you know the league’s TE positions? Which teams have the best WR talent? Etc......the true answers go a long way in evaluating Bobo’s performance year one. I think most will be surprised to find out how low most of these units are in talent versus the rest of our scheduled opponents this year. A case can certainly be made some of this is due to development, SC seems to have recruited decent “star rating” quality at some spots, though overall the team trend is typically ranked 7-9 seasonally in SEC recruiting rankings. Myself, I don’t see any group in the top half, with the exception being QB if Hillinski or Hill show out..which if true means we have to coach the hell out of these players this year to win 5 or more games and have better gameday coaching/strategy. Haven’t seen much of that yet.

Rank each 1-14 within the SEC: (appreciate all opinions and looking fwd to thoughts from GC fans)

QB
OL
RB/FB
WR
TE
I don’t know that we would be in the top half in any category. I know QB wise we like to think we are okay based on recruiting rankings but as of Saturday we are still hearing there is a QB battle and I highly doubt Muschamp is trying to trick Tenn ahead of the opener.

I don’t know that we would be in the top half in any category. I know QB wise we like to think we are okay based on recruiting rankings but as of Saturday we are still hearing there is a QB battle and I highly doubt Muschamp is trying to trick Tenn ahead of the opener.
You doubt that Muschamp isn’t being truthful about the depth chat? As if he’s always been up front about that.

ATm is loaded for bear this year. We have NEVER beaten them....never. UT has passed SC now in talent, though I have hope for that game. Ky at commonwealth?, they have better coaches and equal talent, call it 50/50 at best being a road game. Last thought, maybe Ole Miss is down in talent, to a point where we have a sig advantage. Maybe. But Kiffin on game day vs. Muschamp seems a lean towards kiffin (and I abhor Kiffin). I think Vegas has SC at 3.5 wins, I tend to think we are better than that, I see 5-5 most likely. Lloyd would have likely been the difference in 1-2 games IMO.
Agree about most of your thoughts. Those are the games that I see that I feel like we have a shot at winning. Some are definitely a stretch but I have put in place the Georgia factor. That being that the game is not lost before it is played. TAMU at home after a bye week is a huge plus. The week before Georgia was our bye last year. We had a good game plan for that game.

Well, if I have to explain it loses the effect. That you can find no humor in our struggles and that Muschamp wouldn't pull Bentley even when it seemed to the detriment of the team, then I don't know what to tell you.
If I have to explain that it was a bad joke, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Haha ok buddy. It was a great joke! Really thought provoking and deep. Keep telling it.
No one said you have to like it. Obviously I wasn't posting for your personal entertainment. I mean this has dragged out 7 posts more than it needed to. But hey, you didn't like it. Not trying to please everyone.

No one said you have to like it. Obviously I wasn't posting for your personal entertainment. I mean this has dragged out 7 posts more than it needed to. But hey, you didn't like it. Not trying to please everyone.
Move on then brother.

Bobo’s history does support your thoughts. But, a good OC will adapt. Doty is a dual threat and Stockton is as well. Both should shine as Gamecocks based on talent.
With Hilinski or Hill this year, we might not see the best of Bobo as an OC. But, I think he will show great improvement with the offense from last year.
Bobo is a Pro-style QB OC, not dual threat. Not saying he won't change in years to come. So that favors CH and RH. So who knows what we will be in 2-3 years. With a free year, next year may be like this year.

Bobo is a Pro-style QB OC, not dual threat. Not saying he won't change in years to come. So that favors CH and RH. So who knows what we will be in 2-3 years. With a free year, next year may be like this year.
The same could have been said about Spurrier. But arguably our best QB was dual threat under his watch.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT