ADVERTISEMENT

Board of trustees has actual...

When you look it up, provide the names. This would be interesting. Many questions I would ask as to why etc.

When you look it up, provide the names. This would be interesting. Many questions I would ask as to why etc.

Agreed. If that is the actual case it needs to come out. There were 2 that donated to Clemson once upon a time but can’t recall the names That was about 4 years ago.

Reactions: howard13
Former BOT member Darla Moore is a USC grad, but is a self-professed "huge Clemson fan". Her father graduated from Clemson. Of course she has been a tremendous benefactor for Carolina, including the $45M gift for the School of Business, plus other gifts totaling $70M.

She has also donated to Clemson, but not nearly to the same degree.

Reactions: NetworkX
Wow... I can't stop watching this board! This is better than a building implosion.

source.gif

Reactions: howard13
...Clemson fans on it. I assume everyone knows that right? Nowhere else in the country could find that I’d imagine. When appointments are made based on political favors that is what happens. Hard to comprehend but it’s true.
Always wondered about that, explains a lot.

All but one went to USC. The one that didn't went to USC Upstate.

I saw that. I happen to be from Florence originally. If you know anything about the board there are a number from the pee dee. One was my neighbor (their name is on the football building). 4-5 years ago it was somewhat common knowledge that there were at least 2 board members that had a history of donating to Clemson.

FYI

there are Tarholes on NC Board

not good for us State fans either

I feel your pain
Wow, genuinely thought we were unique. Because boards operate almost anonymously, who really pays attention to who is making decisions until sh:($ hits the fan like it has here? Again, the people screwing things up are the ones normally who would be in charge of the clean up.

All but one went to USC. The one that didn't went to USC Upstate.

That just shows the lengths to which Clemson will go to in an effort to undermine our university. They send their fans and supporters here for undergrad and law school to build a solid cover story, and then work to destroy us from within.

Reactions: Cock In Space
That just shows the lengths to which Clemson will go to in an effort to undermine our university. They send their fans and supporters here for undergrad and law school to build a solid cover story, and then work to destroy us from within.

I wish Clemson would get their own law school. I always loathed the Clemson grads who wore orange on Friday at the law school. Pricks.

tenor.gif

Unfortunately anyone can root for who they want and I doubt that is grounds for removal from the board. Though I'd imagine they'd want to keep their allegiances close to vest when they're serving as a Carolina board member. If they're on the board and they root for Clemson in their home that is their right. If they're on the board and are in IPTAY with Clemson season tickets that may be a problem-unless you're Darla and can do whatever you please for all her donations.

Reactions: jonesz21
Former BOT member Darla Moore is a USC grad, but is a self-professed "huge Clemson fan". Her father graduated from Clemson. Of course she has been a tremendous benefactor for Carolina, including the $45M gift for the School of Business, plus other gifts totaling $70M.

Yes FORMER member...Nikki Haley booted Darla off!

Who are the Clems...I know State Secretary of Ed Molly Spearman is, but she's on there ex-officio

Members
Made up of some of the state’s most influential and knowledgeable leaders, the board includes the governor, the state education superintendent, members representing each of the state’s 16 judicial circuits and the president of the My Carolina Alumni Association. The governor has an appointee and usually designates someone to fill the governor’s seat on the board.

Henry McMaster
Governor of South Carolina | The governor is the ex officio chair of the board and serves for the duration of his or her tenure as governor.

John C. von Lehe Jr., Chairman
9th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Chairman, Executive Committee | ex officio member of all committees | Board member since 1998

list_trustees_124_mobley2.jpg

Hubert F. "Hugh" Mobley, Vice Chairman
6th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Executive Committee | ex officio member of all committees | Board member since 2011

list_trustees_124_adams_2019.jpg

C. Dan Adams
Governor's designee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2018

list_trustees_124_chuck-allen2.jpg

Chuck Allen
10th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Chair, Student and System Affairs Committee | Audit and Compliance Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 2008

list_trustees_124_burroughs2.jpg

J. Egerton Burroughs
15th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2008

list_trustees_124_dozier_2018_rev.jpg

Robert F. Dozier Jr.
Ex officio as president, My Carolina Alumni Association | Current term, 2018-2020 | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Audit and Compliance Committee | Health Affairs Committee

list_trustees_124_fennell2.jpg

A.C. "Bubba" Fennell III
8th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Chair, Health Affairs Committee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member 2000-2002; board member since 2012

list_trustees_124_edwards_floyd.jpg

C. Edward Floyd, M.D.
12th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Executive Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 1982; board chairman, 1992-1996

list_trustees_124_hubbard2.jpg

William C. Hubbard
5th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Chair, Buildings and Grounds Committee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 1986; board chairman, 1996-2000

list_trustees_124_jones_2019.jpg

Richard A. Jones Jr.
Governor's appointee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2018

list_trustees_124_lister2.jpg

Toney J. Lister
7th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Executive Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 1994

list_trustees_124_loadholt2.jpg

Miles Loadholt
2nd Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Executive Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 1996; board chairman, 2008-2012

list_trustees_124_moody2.jpg

Leah B. Moody
16th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Chair, Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2009

list_trustees_newton_2018_rev.jpg

Rose Buyck Newton
14th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2020 | Chair, Audit and Compliance Committee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2018

list_trustees_124_smithdorn2.jpg

C. Dorn Smith III, M.D.
3rd Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 2010

list_trustees_124_molly-spearman2.jpg

Molly M. Spearman
Ex officio as state superintendent of education | Student and System Affairs Committee | Elected superintendent in 2015, she serves on the board for the duration of her tenure in office.

list_trustees_124_warr2.jpg

Eugene P. Warr Jr., Chairman Emeritus
4th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Executive Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Board member since 2003; board chairman, 2012-2016

list_trustees_124_westbrook2.jpg

Thad H. Westbrook
11th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 2010

list_trustees_124_whittle_mack_2015.jpg

Mack I. Whittle Jr.
13th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Chair, Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Audit and Compliance Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 1990; board chairman, 2000-2004

list_trustees_124_williams_charles.jpg

Charles H. Williams
1st Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 2010

list_trustees_124_heath.jpg

J. Cantey Heath Jr.
Secretary of the University, the University of South Carolina's Board of Trustees and the Board of Visitors | Elected on Nov. 21, 2016; assumed duties Jan. 1, 2017

https://sc.edu/about/offices_and_divisions/board_of_trustees/members/index.php

At least 4 members of the board are up for re-election next year. These 4 voted for Caslen. They all have someone running against them. This is highly unusual. Usually when you get on...you are unopposed in the future.

To answer the question, she went to Lander, not Clemson. Then GW and then USC.
She got a graduate degree from USC. However, this position could be held by anyone. It ‘could’ be a Clemson graduate...at the present time...she is not. Same for the Governor...at the present time...the Governor is a USC grad...but we know it could be a Clemson graduate. Sadly to say...I think McMaster has screwed us up with his interference in the Presidential search!

She was alienated by that bitch Nikki Haley. She was a blank check for USC until that POS kicked her off the board for spite.

Who are the Clems...I know State Secretary of Ed Molly Spearman is, but she's on there ex-officio

Members
Made up of some of the state’s most influential and knowledgeable leaders, the board includes the governor, the state education superintendent, members representing each of the state’s 16 judicial circuits and the president of the My Carolina Alumni Association. The governor has an appointee and usually designates someone to fill the governor’s seat on the board.

Henry McMaster
Governor of South Carolina | The governor is the ex officio chair of the board and serves for the duration of his or her tenure as governor.

John C. von Lehe Jr., Chairman
9th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Chairman, Executive Committee | ex officio member of all committees | Board member since 1998

list_trustees_124_mobley2.jpg

Hubert F. "Hugh" Mobley, Vice Chairman
6th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Executive Committee | ex officio member of all committees | Board member since 2011

list_trustees_124_adams_2019.jpg

C. Dan Adams
Governor's designee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2018

list_trustees_124_chuck-allen2.jpg

Chuck Allen
10th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Chair, Student and System Affairs Committee | Audit and Compliance Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 2008

list_trustees_124_burroughs2.jpg

J. Egerton Burroughs
15th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2008

list_trustees_124_dozier_2018_rev.jpg

Robert F. Dozier Jr.
Ex officio as president, My Carolina Alumni Association | Current term, 2018-2020 | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Audit and Compliance Committee | Health Affairs Committee

list_trustees_124_fennell2.jpg

A.C. "Bubba" Fennell III
8th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Chair, Health Affairs Committee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member 2000-2002; board member since 2012

list_trustees_124_edwards_floyd.jpg

C. Edward Floyd, M.D.
12th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Executive Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 1982; board chairman, 1992-1996

list_trustees_124_hubbard2.jpg

William C. Hubbard
5th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Chair, Buildings and Grounds Committee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 1986; board chairman, 1996-2000

list_trustees_124_jones_2019.jpg

Richard A. Jones Jr.
Governor's appointee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2018

list_trustees_124_lister2.jpg

Toney J. Lister
7th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Executive Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 1994

list_trustees_124_loadholt2.jpg

Miles Loadholt
2nd Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Executive Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 1996; board chairman, 2008-2012

list_trustees_124_moody2.jpg

Leah B. Moody
16th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Chair, Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2009

list_trustees_newton_2018_rev.jpg

Rose Buyck Newton
14th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2020 | Chair, Audit and Compliance Committee | Academic Affairs and Faculty Liaison Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Board member since 2018

list_trustees_124_smithdorn2.jpg

C. Dorn Smith III, M.D.
3rd Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Student and System Affairs Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 2010

list_trustees_124_molly-spearman2.jpg

Molly M. Spearman
Ex officio as state superintendent of education | Student and System Affairs Committee | Elected superintendent in 2015, she serves on the board for the duration of her tenure in office.

list_trustees_124_warr2.jpg

Eugene P. Warr Jr., Chairman Emeritus
4th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2016-2020 | Executive Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Board member since 2003; board chairman, 2012-2016

list_trustees_124_westbrook2.jpg

Thad H. Westbrook
11th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Buildings and Grounds Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 2010

list_trustees_124_whittle_mack_2015.jpg

Mack I. Whittle Jr.
13th Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Chair, Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Audit and Compliance Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Board member since 1990; board chairman, 2000-2004

list_trustees_124_williams_charles.jpg

Charles H. Williams
1st Judicial Circuit | Current term, 2018-2022 | Audit and Compliance Committee | Health Affairs Committee | Intercollegiate Athletics Committee | Board member since 2010

list_trustees_124_heath.jpg

J. Cantey Heath Jr.
Secretary of the University, the University of South Carolina's Board of Trustees and the Board of Visitors | Elected on Nov. 21, 2016; assumed duties Jan. 1, 2017

https://sc.edu/about/offices_and_divisions/board_of_trustees/members/index.php
He is correct. There are board members at USC that are money donors at Clemson. We have the worst board of trustees in the country!

Reactions: 76MACC
She got a graduate degree from USC. However, this position could be held by anyone. It ‘could’ be a Clemson graduate...at the present time...she is not. Same for the Governor...at the present time...the Governor is a USC grad...but we know it could be a Clemson graduate. Sadly to say...I think McMaster has screwed us up with his interference in the Presidential search!
"Could" is not the same as saying our BOT currently has Clemson fans on it, which is what the OP is stating.

Yes, she got her graduate degree from USC. So did John Von Lehe, Jr, J. Edgerton Burroughs, Leah Mobley, and Rose Buyck Newton. Each of those got their undergrad somewhere else.

"Could" is not the same as saying our BOT currently has Clemson fans on it, which is what the OP is stating.

Yes, she got her graduate degree from USC. So did John Von Lehe, Jr, J. Edgerton Burroughs, Leah Mobley, and Rose Buyck Newton. Each of those got their undergrad somewhere else.
You typically support the college you got your undergraduate degree from. That is indeed the case with some of our trustees. Kick them off! Egerton is a friend of mine at the beach. Good guy. He is the exception.

You typically support the college you got your undergraduate degree from. That is indeed the case with some of our trustees. Kick them off! Egerton is a friend of mine at the beach. Good guy. He is the exception.
None of those got their undergrad at Clemson. Isn't that the gripe?
We're talking about Washington U in St. Louis, U of the South, Hampton U, Lander, and Converse.

They are also money donors to USC.

The thing is no one gave a hairy rat's behind until this past Spring/Summer when all this crap went on. Now it's some big conspiracy.
Everyone cares now because last spring no one knew that we had an idiot AD that was supported by an idiot board that approved a 22 million dollar buyout for a fool that couldn't successfully coach pee wee football.

None of those got their undergrad at Clemson. Isn't that the gripe?
We're talking about Washington U in St. Louis, U of the South, Hampton U, Lander, and Converse.
That's not the gripe. He isn't stating that we have Clemson alumni on our board. He is stating that we have board members that are not first and foremost, Gamecock fans and that is a fact.

Reactions: jonesz21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT