ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Brewers 10/12/21 Postseason Game 4 chat

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Postseason Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat.
What an amazing series we are in the midst of watching. We have been privy to excellent pitching, exceptional defense and may clutch moments to fuel discussions. We discussed game 4 possibilities of bullpen game or bringing Morton back on short rest with the latter seemingly the choice at the present. My adrenaline was so high that I had difficulty falling asleep so I binged Netflix until 6:00 AM. 😎😎 Consider that my postgame cool down 😂😂😂. Off I complain about being sleepy demerits will be in order 😂😂. Without further adieu, let’s get on with the chat.
Pregame Analysis
The Braves will throw Charlie Morton on short rest as they try to close out the series at home. He was the game one loser after being left in the game an inning too long after a spectacular performance in game 1. He had everything working and the intensity of the game environment got to him more that the pitch count as he was still bringing it but started losing his accuracy as a HBP was followed by the Tellez 2 run homer which have been the only runs allowed by the Braves staff all series this far. He will be closely monitored as the Braves have a bevy of fresh arms in the bullpen available at the first sign of fatigue.

The Brewers are countering with Eric Lauer (LHP) . He has faced the Braves during the regular season in a brief stint as Albies homered and the Braves scored 3 runs in a very brief outing. This will be his first postseason appearance and he will be challenged to keep his composure in this must win scenario with the Braves fanbase chanting and chopping in the background. One of our recent tribal members will be very happy as Joc Pederson will get the start tonight in left field. Will Joctober continue to thrive? Stay tuned . Go Gamecocks and Chop on!
Starting Lineup Braves

Swanson ss
Freeman 1B
Albies 2B
Riley 3B
Duvall CF
Pederson LF
D’Arnaud Catcher
Heredia CF
Morton RHP

Starting Lineup Brewers
Wong 2B