ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Giants 9/17/21 Taking Down Goliath 😎

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat. We had a much anticipated postponement yesterday and extra rest as a result. It gave the team an extra day to recover from that quagmire of an extra innings fiasco where they dominated everywhere but the scoreboard. The Braves could not produce enough offense as they were swinging for fences instead of playing baseball. With the Mets playing the Phillies The Braves have a chance to reduce their magic number by two if they win and still have it reduced on one of the teams even in a loss. Tonight I am a Mets fan 😎😎😎. Do you hear that Metstradamus? I am pulling for the Mets to win this series . I am on the bandwagon for 3 games only so enjoy the magic 🪄 while it last. 😂😂.

Pregame Analysis
The Braves will throw Ian Anderson tonight as he will look to grow from his last start in which he had 9K and 2BB in his last outing . He seems to have found his release point on his change up and better location with his fastball. He is even incorporating a few more curveballs to keep hitters honest. When he is most effective he gets contact outs early in the count or swing and miss strikeouts later. Keeping his pitch count low will be imperative as the Giants are a very patient hitters and will try to work a pitch count to their advantage. Anderson will need to make them hit his pitch.
The Braves will have their hands full tonight against tonight’s pitcher. They will need to bring their A game tonight against the League Leading Giants and their Surprise Ace Logan Webb. He is a Maddux like pitcher in the fact that he does not overpower hitters but he gets good movement low in the strike zone and a ton of ground balls when h doesn’t get players chasing ghosts. They will need to use the whole field approach with this type of pitcher and utilize the ABC approaches when the opportunity presents itself. Webb takes his game to another level when runners are on base and the team will need to get him out of his comfort zone. He also swings a pretty good stick when he is batting so it will be another intense September baseball game.

Starting Lineup Braves
Albies 2B
Soler RF
Freeman 1B
Riley 3B
Duvall CF
Rosario LF
D’Arnaud Catcher
Swanson ss
Anderson RHP

Starting Lineup Giants
Ruf LF
Belt 1B
Posey Catcher
Wade RF
Bryant CF
Crawford ss
Longoria 3B
La Stella 2B
Webb RHP
First Pitch
9:45
Broadcasting
Bally Sports South East
MLBTV. Streaming
MLB.Network (National Coverage)
Gamecocks Central Braves Baseball Chat is on the 🕸

Reactions: Hereforthelaughs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News