ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Marlins 8/16/21 In doors when it pours ⛈ weather 😎

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat. The First Place Braves (damn that feels good to write and say) 😎. are visiting the Pesky Marlins in stormy 🌊 weather conditions as tropical weather hits the area. The weather is not the only surge coming into Florida this week as the surging First Place Braves visit the Marlins for the first time since their wretched outfield took down the Great Acuna on the very hard concrete like surface. For that fete alone , the Braves should pound them into oblivion. 😡😡 That is just the Acuna fan in me raging 😤 at the universe for depriving us of watching him do his thing, but I digressed. This will also be the first time the Braves will take the field as the sole leader of the Eastern Division and regardless of tonight’s outcome will remain so through tomorrow night as the Phillies are off.
Pregame Analysis
The Braves will throw Touki Toussaint tonight to face his home state team as he is from the state of Florida and a Haiti descendant so he will have plenty on his mind after the horrendous earthquake, pitching on his backyard, pitching for a first place team and securing a spot in the rotation as others are beginning to heal and return to the lineup. He is a cool 😎 cat on the mound and in the dugout as he has an effervescent personality that exudes a love for his teammates and a very social advocacy platform that seeks to unify others not a righteous existence. He also has a very good repertoire of pitches at his disposal. Like most young pitchers he is still apprehensive about his fastball usage as I am sure he has been told that his breaking ball selection is his big ticket. The problem with a breaking ball first approach is it can derail pitch counts and keep the pitcher behind the count facing major league hitters instead of pitching ahead where breaking ball don’t have to be strikes to get outs. Fastball placement and the threat of said fastball is the gateway to a successful pitching outing and the sooner he learns that , the better pitcher he will become for years to come. Here is to increased fastball usage and the Right arm of the home plate umpire at 90 degree angles all night calling strikes. 😎😎

Toussaint will be opposed by a rookie LHP Braxton Garret. He is new on the scene for me and none of the started have faced him before . All I do know is that the Marlins have made some very good trades and they reaped a bevy of string pitching candidates. The only advantage the Braves may have is that they have faced a lot of left hand pitchers lately and may quickly adjust to him the second time around the order. He will also have to face Albies from his string side and Atlanta’s new Murders Row in the middle of the order with Heredia being the cherry on top. I am calling for a strong showing from the club on offense and defense as the cream will try to stay atop the Division.

Starting Lineup Braves
Albies 2B
Soler RF (Cerrano) 😎
Freeman 1B
Riley 3B
Swanson ss
Duvall LF
D’Arnaud C
Heredia CF
Toussaint RHP

Starting Lineup Marlins
Chisholm ss
Aguilar 1B
Brinson CF
Sanchez RF
Anderson 3B
Alfaro C
Diaz 2B
De la Cruz LF
Garrett LHP

First Pitch 7:10

Broadcasting
Bally Sports South

Gamecocks Central Braves Baseball Chat is on the 🕸

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News