ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Nationals 8/06/21 That Winning Feeling Again 😎

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat.

Have you ever bought a new car 🚘 and keep looking at it from the window every waking moment ? You look at the new paint job, the shining new rims and that glow that lights up the driveway that makes you giddy about waking up the next day just to turn over that engine , turn on that new sound system and look at the admiration of others as you cruise by tour neighbors and at every stoplight.😎 That is what it felt like to finally have a winning record on this trying and difficult season. I woke to see a 55-54 record and 1.5 game deficit in the standings and I feel a little taller than I was yesterday, a little more enthusiastic about the outcome of the season and my coffee tasted so much better today. 😎😎 The winning feeling is back. The birds are singing in tune the rain doesn’t bother me and the 😈 is quivering in his Penny loafers 👞.😂😂😂😂 You can almost feel the tension that emanates each season around this time frame. The August Swoon where hope fades and playoff hopes plummet 🤭🤭.
The world is beginning to right itself and the Braves are as well.

The Nationals are in town to face off against the resurgent Atlanta Braves. Their lineup is not nearly as fearsome as it was earlier this season as they have offloaded veterans and their contracts after injuries had rendered them non competitive. They are coming of a series against the Phillies in which they were swept even though they lead late in 3 of the games. They have a very bad bullpen and trades and injuries have also affected them offensively. This does not mean they won’t compete and try to knock off teams as Professional baseball players do have pride and will not just roll over. They are just not as competitive as they were . They will throw Erik Fedde. He has not faired well against the Braves averaging 6 innings and surrendering 5 runs per game in two starts this season. This is a different lineup he will face tonight but I expect the results to be the same. The Braves will throw Kyle Muller who has really taken a giant leap forward in his development and demeanor on the bump. He challenges hitters and attacks the strike zone. The only drawback is he does not eat a lot of innings but as he gains more experience and increases his endurance he is on pace to be a very dominant pitcher. At this juncture the bullpen will need to be ready around the 6th inning because of pitch counts and fatigue for the massive mound monster. He has never faced the Nationals so his will be an experience for him and his opponents as they feel each other out. Let’s continue that winning feeling with tonight’s starting lineup.

Starting Lineup Braves
Albies 2B
Soler RF
Freeman 1B
Riley 3B
Swanson SS
Duvall LF
Pederson CF
Vogt C
Muller LHP

Starting Lineup Nationals
Robles CF