ADVERTISEMENT

Braves versus Marlins 2 baseball chat & update

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball Chat. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a few regular posters. If you want to be included in the roll call just place your request inside the thread or give me a quick dm so that you may be added. You can also follow me to during the season for updates when I come across things.
We are on a tough stretch losing four straight as the injuries and our lack of innings from our young starters have combined to place this team in a slump. The marlins have found a great mix of veterans and young players to form a very competitive squad and without the distraction of large audiences they can just play baseball. They are the spoiler pick in the national League thus far with @Rock Hill Cock sudden revelation that he is an Orioles fan (first I heard if it) but the way his Brewers are playing I would be searching as well. :cool: Trying to mess with the PFunk. :) He should know better. :cool:

the first update is the unfortunate news that Acuna has been placed on the DL so he will not be eligible to play until Friday at the earliest. Albies, Adams and Martin are all progressing . Got to watch an inning plus of the Braves prospects game and saw quite a bit of talented veterans and youth who have been going at each other so kind of hard to truly evaluate pitchers other than their velocity and strike to ball ratios. Muller is a 6”7 southpaw who weighs around 250 lbs. He has 100 mph stuff and a decent 88 mph slider. That is a great disparity in speeds but consistency is an issue. We also got to see an inning of Ian Anderson. Saw one of his pitches in the 94 mph range and he kept the ball low. Made a mistake to one of the seasoned veterans with pop and O’Brien place his mistake in orbit. He is. Little light in the pants for his 6”3 frame at 170 lbs but he is also very young. Would like to see him gain the confidence in his stuff.

the Braves recalled Sobotka to gain another arm to help get through the weekend edited the return trip to Atlanta where I am sure they will evaluate and make a couple of significant decisions.

Tonight’s starting lineup for the Braves .
Swanson 1B
D’Arnaud C
Freeman 1B
Ozuna DH
Duvall RF
Johan Carmargo 3B
Riley LF
Hecchevaria 2B
Inciarte CF
Max Fried LHP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts