ADVERTISEMENT

Braves versus Marlins chat 9/8

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome everyone to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💭. I am your host @Pfunk Cock with a plethora of regular participants in the chat session.
The Braves lost another winnable game as the Marlins won in extra innings 5-4. Missed opportunities early lead to their demise along with a couple of shaky defensive plays. The Marlins are a much better baseball team that many give them credit for. I acknowledged this during the preseason when they can to Atlanta as they added some very good veterans to blend with talented youth and then Covid19 derailed their season. They then made some very savvy additions during the quarantine period and came back stronger than they were initially. They do have a period of doubleheader’s in a short period of time that may have a significant impact on their postseason hopes.
The Braves posted some startling news about Fried being placed on IL. That is the message I awoke to from @samuraicock . What say you PFunk? 😭😭😭. I say thanks for the startling wake up text. Your wake service sucks . 😂😂😂😂😂. I prefer birds tweeting and soft music when I arise in the future sir. 😎.
The Braves have cautioned that this is not arm related and is just being reported as a stiff back. With his importance to the pitching staff and the teams chances in the postseason and beyond, they of course we’re on the side of caution and do not expect him to miss time beyond his IL stint which of course will be backdated to Sunday as he played on Saturday. That would clear him for a next Tuesday start. The Braves have DFA Culberson with the hopes that he will not be claimed. They had to clear a space on the 40 man roster to activate Jacob Webb from the 45 day list as he will join the team in Fried absence. He is of course not a starter so that leaves Thursday game as either a bullpen job or and elevation of another starter from the site to start the Nationals series on the road. That is going to be a tough assignment for any pitcher but might be time to evaluate another young starter (Davidson or Muller). Who knows at this point as the only way they can ever answer the question of being MLB ready is to take the ball and do their thing. Nerves are always going to be an issue first time out but what better time to give them that taste of not the 2020 season of The Virus 🦠? I want to see Davidson but Foltynewitz may be the arm that is tabbed . Their will have to be more roster adjustments with Albies coming off soon as well as Hamels. Albies was never off the active roster on the 10IL but Jamels was removed with the 45 day designation to free up a roster spot . That will have to be resolved and if Foltynewitz is tabbed, he was DFA so he is not on the 40 man. Some pitchers already on the 40 man are Jussiel De La Cruz, Davidson, Wilson, Weigle and Newcomb. We shall see what the Rolodex lottery provides. Spin the wheel of fortune 🔮.
Today’s starting lineup
Acuna RF
Swanson SS
Freeman 1B
Ozuna DH
Riley 3B
Duvall LF
Flowers C
Hecchevaria 2B
Inciarte CF
Wright RHP

roll call next 🖼