ADVERTISEMENT

Braves versus Marlins NLDS Chat 10/7

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome everyone to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💭. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat. If you would like to be one of the Plethora or bandwagon hoppers, you know (Mets fans, Brewers fans etc) and you want to be a part of a winning community, we welcome you with socially distanced open arms 😭😭. We are a Tribe of Love 💗 even for those who formed alliances against us (BHC).

Now back to our regularly scheduled thought process 😎. MLB Network has worked out a deal with all of its carriers to allow free access to MLB Network until October 17th. I have included the tweet that list those networks so you may locate your carrier and check your own availability accordingly.

Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) Tweeted:
Info about today’s Braves-Marlins broadcast on @MLBNetwork, which will be available via a free preview provided by the video providers listed below https://t.co/ConbBGsMWX

The Braves prospective game 3 Starter Kyle Wright three a simulated game on Friday of last week to try to keep his arm tuned and exert his energy trying to adjust to the long period of time between starts.
Grant McAuley (@grantmcauley) Tweeted:
#Braves Game 3 starter Kyle Wrght, who's had a 12-day layoff between starts, said his Friday sim game was a good thing for him to stay prepared:

"Ready to get back out there and go play. It''s been a little while, and for a good reason, but I'm just ready to get back out there."

Game two starter is Ian (Iceman) Anderson . I know he has also been dubbed the Matrix , Pitcher Dude 2 and has the look of a Grunge Band Lead Guitarist but hell is very very cool 😎 presence on the mound as if he has ice in his veins. We could even go with Too Gun and debate if he is Fried’s Wingman or vice versa. (Yes I can do movies also) 😎. His performance in game one was masterful regardless of age or experience but this young man is 22 years of age and he has yet to have a true full season of Major League Baseball under his belt. His demeanor and performance leans more to a seasoned veteran who knows his abilities and wants to challenge the best of the best. This will be another first if first this year as this will be his first appearance in the NLDS. We saw a hiccup in the first inning by third baseman Riley when he fielded a simple ground ball and then threw the ball short of the first base bag for an error. Riley played better as the game progressed but that was the first crack in nerves that I have seen by him. I am expecting to see him establish his fastball and change up early and then work in his curveball. The curveball is his third most effective pitch and is usually just a change of pace or get over pitch out of the blue. The Marlins are a very smart organization and will have a plan after researching his previous starts looking for patterns to exploit. It will be up to D’Arnaud, Anderson and Kranitz (sp) to come up with a solid plan of attack for each player and situation.
Starting Lineup
Acuna CF
Freeman 1B
Ozuna DH
D’Arnaud C
Albies 2B
Swanson SS
Duvall LF
Markakis RF
Riley 3B
Anderson RHP

Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💭 is on the 🕸!
Roll call later

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News