ADVERTISEMENT

Braves versus Pirates 7/06/21 Shellshocked reshuffling

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat.
What the hell happened? The Braves were cruising along with last years ace on the mound and facing a pitcher who had not won a game on the Majors in a couple of years. This game was supposed to be a cake walk and it was but only the cake walking was done by the Pirates as they humiliated the Braves 11-1 last night scoring the last eleven runs and an inordinate amount of strikeouts. The chat Tribe has discussed the Braves batting order (mainly Swanson) and decided he needed to move down further in the batting order. Well Snitker listened dort if as he move Swanson to 6 as he switched places with Heredia. I still think he needs to be lower to relieve the pressure to perform. He is in a contract year and after not being offered extensions like Acuna and Albies he is trying to validate his status as a Brave. He has 80 games to change the opinions of those that matter but I would prefer a more consistent bat and settle for less power if it means more consistent contact. He is striking out at a nearly 40% clip batting in the 5 hole. Rally stoppers are supposed to be at the bottom of the order. I am harping on Swanson because of his tenure and Can’t miss Number one draft status out of Vanderbilt. It is truly baffling how he could look all world for short periods of time and all suck most of the time. Shall we call him Hoover (because he blows) 😎 or because of the wind he generates with his swings and misses? 😎😎
Rant over 😂😂😂 Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

The Braves did not play last nigh (don’t correct me damnit) 😎. Ian Anderson will take the mound tonight to begin the road trip. He is still considered a rookie and it makes sense that he is pitching in many of the ballpark for the first time. Especially when the Braves venture outside of the Eastern Division Teams because if Covid19 restrictions last season. He has had slow starts recently and I have to attribute that to his new found role of full season Rookie , New ballparks, fans and facing different teams for the first time. He is one of the present and future Rotation pieces and his development will determine the fate of the Braves with Mike Soroka now having his future clouded with the relapse injury to his Achilles. The Pirates are countering with Chad Kuhl who has faced Arcia a lot because of their central division affiliation last season. Freeman has faced him twice and struck out both times and Swanson is 1-2 against him. The change of lineup structure will hopefully elevate the scoring opportunities and hopefully for clutch hitting.
First Pitch 7:05 est
Broadcasting Bally Sports South

Starting Lineup
Acuna RF
Freeman 1B
Albies 2B
Riley 3B
Heredia CF ⭐️⭐️
Swanson ss 🤔
Arcia LF
Smith C
Anderson rhp