ADVERTISEMENT

Braves versus Yankees doubleheader chat 8/26

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome everyone to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾ Chat. I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with the regular participants of the chat. If you would like to be tagged in the game Roll Call just send me a request in a dm or during the current game threads and I will do my best to add your handle to the roll call to alert up of future game chants and relevant Braves updates.
After a series win over the weekend (I still think the plate was blocked and violated the new rules of the game via loopholes) the Braves had an off day to refresh the players and for more time for those coming off injuries another day to heal. The Braves dkk ok have some good news on that front as both Ronald Acuna and Nick Markakis return to the lineup tonight as bit were activated today. Acuna is coming of a little more than two week absence from the lineup with a sore wrist and Markakis was away from the team with the Covid19 protocols after being exposed to someone who was diagnosed as positive. Both players have been sorely missed as the. Raves have stranded too many runners on base the last two weeks and it cost them a minimum of three games.
In another update to the roster. The Braves have activated Ian Anderson from Gwinnett to join the active roster. He will make his first career start against the vaunted New York Yankees and face no other than Yankees ace Gerritt Cole. We ha w been awaiting this moment for some time now as Anderson has been dominant throughout his minor league career and the Braves best pitching prospect. This could be a valuable edition to the rotation for years to come (fingers 🤞). Toussaint, Jackson and probably Pache were sent down to make room for the pitcher and position players. Aaron Judge also returns tonight for the Yankees (boooo) 😎.

tonight’s starting lineup
Acuna CF
Swanson SS
Freeman 1B
Ozuna DH
D’Arnaud C
Markakis RF
Duvall LF
Riley 3B
Carmargo 2B
Ian Anderson RHP

game time 4:10