ADVERTISEMENT

Brett McMurphy says Urban Meyer knew about coaches domestic violence.

If they have something, they need to put it out there. If he knew, and if he didn't try to intervene to get that coach some kind of treatment, and if he retained him knowing there were recent problems, there's no way it's survivable, in my view.

That's a lot of "ifs"

Last edited:
If tOSU sticks with Myer, and I hope they try to weather this, it will take the school down too , just like Penn St. ...to a degree. And Urban will still be done.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I don't know what to expect from what I've seen.

Last month, Urban said he knew about domestic violence allegations from 2009, but didn't know about those from 2015. The text referred to by McMurphy is between the Zach Smith's ex-wife and the wife Urban's operations director. The text indicates that Urban did know about the allegations, and said that Zach Smith denied all claims to Urban and Urban didn't know what to think of the situation.

The interview is fairly convincing, and there are multiple pictures of injuries to the ex-wife.

On one hand, I expect something heavy to come down on Urban/Ohio St football, especially given the current climate. Then again, from a legal perspective, there is nothing but hearsay connecting Urban's supposed knowledge of what was happening.

Either way, I don't expect Ohio St to fire Urban. Either nothing happens, he gets a slap on the wrist, or worst case, as already stated in this thread, he develops "health problems" and steps away.

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
On one hand, I expect something heavy to come down on Urban/Ohio St football, especially given the current climate. Then again, from a legal perspective, there is nothing but hearsay connecting Urban's supposed knowledge of what was happening.

What more do you need in this current environment?! Sad...but true

No one should be questioning Urban Meyer's integrity here.
He's already proven repeatedly he doesn't have any.

Fake life threatening health issues. Retire, unretire, retire again, with the health issues clearing up just in time to take a sweet coaching gig.
Duck out of UF so you don't have to answer questions about the MASSIVE number of arrests on your watch.
Telling recruits "God sent you a message" you should coach them.
Suspending Jarvis Moss the week after South Carolina game for the Western Carolina game instead.
Could go on.

This needs to be updated to Ohio State, health and family excuses forthcoming

Urban_Returns.gif

Ohio State is gonna get DAbo a big pay raise when they fire Urban Liar.

Ohio State is gonna get DAbo a big pay raise when they fire Urban Liar.

I dont know Dabo was already above Urban,

Look how overpaid Harbaugh is, wow

2017 NCAAF COACHES SALARIES
RK SCHOOL CONF COACH SCHOOL PAY TOTAL PAY MAX BONUS BONUSES PAID (2016-17) ASST PAY TOTAL SCHOOL BUYOUT AS OF 4/1/18
1 Alabama SEC Nick Saban $11,132,000 $11,132,000 $700,000 $550,000 $5,995,000 $26,900,000
2 Clemson ACC Dabo Swinney $8,504,600 $8,526,800 $1,000,000 $1,525,000 $5,725,000 $40,000,000
3 Michigan Big Ten Jim Harbaugh $7,004,000 $7,004,000 $1,325,000 $200,000 $5,645,000 $20,555,556
4 Ohio State Big Ten Urban Meyer $6,431,240 $6,431,240 $775,000 $300,000 $4,485,000 $21,345,100

Luke Fickell their last interim coach is at Cinn, that is not to faw away, im sure they can get him again

I hear he is a good guy

He went 6-7 there and 4-8 at Cinn last year,

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
If they have something, they need to put it out there. If he knew, and if he didn't try to intervene to get that coach some kind of treatment, and if he retained him knowing there were recent problems, there's no way it's survivable, in my view.

That's a lot of "ifs"
Their other problem is that Urban's wife is a nurse and an employee of tOSU. There may be Title IX implications for not reporting the abuse. What kind of nurse doesn't report abuse?????

They can afford him with no problem....and he has Ohio roots. His only issue would be age. Mike Vrabel would be the name that I looked for though.
Bama would match any price. And why would he leave? I know you said you're a tOSU fan but it's not credible to non Buckeyes that they could pluck Nick Saban away

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Saban just signed a 5 year extension a week or two ago. He's not going anywhere. I bet they go after the Iowa State coach.

The money list is odd because the way I understood it only Dabo received more bonus money than the max bonus he could receive.

Maybe a cloud of $hit like this at OSU hits taterland one day soon...

Bama would match any price. And why would he leave? I know you said you're a tOSU fan but it's not credible to non Buckeyes that they could pluck Nick Saban away
The only reason I would mention Saban is his Ohio connections....and their desire to have a coach with Ohio connections. The only reason he would leave Bama is to accomplish what he's been accomplishing on another stage....which of course his age would be a factor. They could make a run at him just to gauge his interest....it's a no harm, no foul move for them. But if Meyer is let go....I think they'd look first to Mike Vrabel, then maybe to someone like Fickel. Whoever it is will have Ohio connections.

Heck one post on The Horseshoe is calling for Tressell's return.

That's a lot of "ifs"

Right, a lot of 'ifs'.

This will be the most politically incorrect thing ever, but imo the rush to "fire him" whenever domestic violence is the issue has gotten out of hand. The law will hand out whatever punishments are needed - if they don't we need to fix that - and an employer can certainly fire anyone they think doesn't fit their culture, and in this case they may decide to do that. No problem. But the public and media demand that it "must" be done, and that if the employer doesn't the media will bang the drum forever and crucify the employer - is imposing a sentence beyond what is legally imposed. When did we assume we had the right to do that? When did we, the public outside the legal system, assume the right to say a guy can't earn a living?

No surprise. Aaron Hernandez never missed a game with all the failed dope tests. Supposedly he covered up some of Hernandez's assaults too. There's also the guy that blocked Succop's field goal at the end of our game against UF. Another doper that still played. Urban covers up anything and everything.

Last edited:

That's a lot of "ifs"
If if's and but's were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!!

Don Meredith - Monday Night Football, circa late 70's

Reactions: Zann77
Right, a lot of 'ifs'.

This will be the most politically incorrect thing ever, but imo the rush to "fire him" whenever domestic violence is the issue has gotten out of hand. The law will hand out whatever punishments are needed - if they don't we need to fix that - and an employer can certainly fire anyone they think doesn't fit their culture, and in this case they may decide to do that. No problem. But the public and media demand that it "must" be done, and that if the employer doesn't the media will bang the drum forever and crucify the employer - is imposing a sentence beyond what is legally imposed. When did we assume we had the right to do that? When did we, the public outside the legal system, assume the right to say a guy can't earn a living?
Whenever it was, it wasn't recently. The news media have always influenced public opinion and public opinion has often influenced policy and personnel decisions by companies, governments, and institutions. The latter day catalysts, social media and the PC movement, have inclined some targets to act more precipitously than they would have in days gone by. So the syndrome isn't new, but its dynamism has increased.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT