ADVERTISEMENT

Brett McMurphy says Urban Meyer knew about coaches domestic violence.

No surprise. Aaron Hernandez never missed a game with all the failed dope tests. Supposedly he covered up some of Hernandez's assaults too. There's also the guy that blocked Succop's field goal at the end of our game against UF. Another doper that still played. Urban covers up anything and everything.
ZACTLY in regards to Succup's fg being blocked by the gator player that SHOULD have been on his suspension that Saturday!! I couldn't find a link to that while I'm driving, but I did find this one in regards to the now infamous Hernandez!!

The FACTS are that Meyer has no problem in making sure that any players on any of his team(s) keep all negative issues under the table and the player(s) on the field!!!

The only reason I would mention Saban is his Ohio connections....and their desire to have a coach with Ohio connections. The only reason he would leave Bama is to accomplish what he's been accomplishing on another stage....which of course his age would be a factor. They could make a run at him just to gauge his interest....it's a no harm, no foul move for them. But if Meyer is let go....I think they'd look first to Mike Vrabel, then maybe to someone like Fickel. Whoever it is will have Ohio connections.

Heck one post on The Horseshoe is calling for Tressell's return.

I was kind of joking about Fickel, LOL

Whenever it was, it wasn't recently. The news media have always influenced public opinion and public opinion has often influenced policy and personnel decisions by companies, governments, and institutions. The latter day catalysts, social media and the PC movement, have inclined some targets to act more precipitously than they would have in days gone by. So the syndrome isn't new, but its dynamism has increased.

In the sense that there is nothing new under the sun I agree with you. Nevertheless, cultures do change. The public's idea that they have a right to demand that someone else's employee be fired seems new. Or maybe, as you say, it is just the volume of it that has increased. In any event, it is none of my business whether OSU fires Meyer or not, and I have no basis on which to say that OSU is insensitive on these matters if they don't. But if they don't, ESPN is gonna be on this like white on rice.

A guy in the NFL can knock out his wife in an elevator, on film, and get a suspension only. Which, actually, is not unfair; our legal system is perfectly capable of taking a guy out of circulation if needed. If we the people in our constitutional court system don't do so, how can we demand that his employer do it? But ESPN will want Meyer's head, losing sight of the fact that Meyer has done nothing illegal.

Reactions: Zann77
If they have something, they need to put it out there. If he knew, and if he didn't try to intervene to get that coach some kind of treatment, and if he retained him knowing there were recent problems, there's no way it's survivable, in my view.

That's a lot of "ifs"
They have Robert Mueller on the case it should be over in a few years.

No comment on Meyer as I tend to be the TOSU apologist on here, but Rich Rod wouldn't even be a consideration.....no Ohio connections. Perhaps they may take a run at Saban though.
I have heard that Saban's contract with Bama has a built-in guarantee that he will remain the highest-paid college football coach for the duration of the contract. I don't know that to be true, but it theoretically makes it impossible for OSU to offer him more than Alabama is paying him.

If somebody could convince Clemson to put the very same provision in Dabo's contract, I guess we could all sit back and watch the two schools spend themselves into oblivion.

Reactions: rogue cock
I have heard that Saban's contract with Bama has a built-in guarantee that he will remain the highest-paid college football coach for the duration of the contract. I don't know that to be true, but it theoretically makes it impossible for OSU to offer him more than Alabama is paying him.

If somebody could convince Clemson to put the very same provision in Dabo's contract, I guess we could all sit back and watch the two schools spend themselves into oblivion.
The problem is if Clemson spent themselves into oblivion half the state would demand the taxpayer bail them out.

In the sense that there is nothing new under the sun I agree with you. Nevertheless, cultures do change. The public's idea that they have a right to demand that someone else's employee be fired seems new. Or maybe, as you say, it is just the volume of it that has increased. In any event, it is none of my business whether OSU fires Meyer or not, and I have no basis on which to say that OSU is insensitive on these matters if they don't. But if they don't, ESPN is gonna be on this like white on rice.

A guy in the NFL can knock out his wife in an elevator, on film, and get a suspension only. Which, actually, is not unfair; our legal system is perfectly capable of taking a guy out of circulation if needed. If we the people in our constitutional court system don't do so, how can we demand that his employer do it? But ESPN will want Meyer's head, losing sight of the fact that Meyer has done nothing illegal.
I hear you. There's no question that some things feed on themselves. The more that the public - or some faction of the public - attains something it wants through the use of outcry, the more those people will be emboldened to advance their agendas using the same methods from then on..

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT