ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen Highlights Mixtape

Good highlights yes several dunks but also good passing, turn around jumpers, 3 pointers and steals.

Talented player. I wonder what the odds are he never plays for Carolina. Meaning, he has to sit a year and then goes pro. Regardless, if he is practicing with the team, that should be a benefit to the other players.

Reactions: jonesz21
Talented player. I wonder what the odds are he never plays for Carolina. Meaning, he has to sit a year and then goes pro. Regardless, if he is practicing with the team, that should be a benefit to the other players.

I’d imagine if he intended on sitting out completely he’d not bother enrolling in school. He wouldn’t go first round unless NBA teams can see him play one year somewhere

Does last semester count as sitting out? He got suspended before the season started I think.

Hopefully he will get cleared quit like cam newton

I saw this kid play when La Lu played in a tournament at a local high school. La Lu was the ranked 1 in the nation and had D1 players all over the place. The point guard was a Duke commit. However Bowen was the best player on the team.

He was held out by louisville pending investigation. He was never suspended, he maintained his eligibility during the entire process.
If he did remain eligible, I'm not sure what the following means. Link
From Jeff Goodman on ESPN Insider:

"I'm really excited to get an opportunity like this with a terrific coach like Frank Martin and a program like South Carolina," Bowen told ESPN.

Bowen was suspended from the Louisville men's basketball program shortly after the news broke of the investigation, and the school declined to seek reinstatement with the NCAA.

'I'm elated that South Carolina and Coach Martin have given Brian the opportunity to play college basketball and fulfill his dream at the collegiate level," Bowen's lawyer, Jason Setchen said. "I have the utmost confidence in South Carolina's compliance and ultimately the NCAA. We believe the NCAA, once they have heard all of the evidence, will promptly reinstate Brian.'"

The kid is a talent. However, the NBA rule right now requires that a kid is ‘one year’ out of high school, so technically BB will be eligible for the upcoming NBA draft. I don’t think he would be going through this if he was planning to enter the 2018 draft. I do think he will enter 2019 if he is as good as he looks, so that’s one year of playing in college. Also, to an earlier poster, the NBA does not need to see a kid play in college to determine ‘what they can do’....high school, AAU, mixtapes, etc is all they need.

If he did remain eligible, I'm not sure what the following means. Link
From Jeff Goodman on ESPN Insider:

"I'm really excited to get an opportunity like this with a terrific coach like Frank Martin and a program like South Carolina," Bowen told ESPN.

Bowen was suspended from the Louisville men's basketball program shortly after the news broke of the investigation, and the school declined to seek reinstatement with the NCAA.

'I'm elated that South Carolina and Coach Martin have given Brian the opportunity to play college basketball and fulfill his dream at the collegiate level," Bowen's lawyer, Jason Setchen said. "I have the utmost confidence in South Carolina's compliance and ultimately the NCAA. We believe the NCAA, once they have heard all of the evidence, will promptly reinstate Brian.'"
Its pretty simple. As I said above, LOUISVILLE held him out pending investigation. They notified the ncaa of their decision to do so. At no point did the ncaa rule him ineligible. Matter of fact, when the fbi cleared him in late october, Louisville had the opportunity to notify the ncaa that he had been cleared and that they(louisville) were reinstating him effective immediately. Instead, louisville decided to part ways with the kid. He remained in school through the semester. The eligibility question stems from transfer rules, as he is suppposed to sit a full year due to signing scholarship papers with louisville.

Its pretty simple. As I said above, LOUISVILLE held him out pending investigation. They notified the ncaa of their decision to do so. At no point did the ncaa rule him ineligible. Matter of fact, when the fbi cleared him in late october, Louisville had the opportunity to notify the ncaa that he had been cleared and that they(louisville) were reinstating him effective immediately. Instead, louisville decided to part ways with the kid. He remained in school through the semester. The eligibility question stems from transfer rules, as he is suppposed to sit a full year due to signing scholarship papers with louisville.
Gotcha. So that is the "reinstatement" part in the articles about him then. Still wondering if he needs to sit 2 semesters at USC (making him eligible in Dec) or since he hasn't played college ball at all, if he can play starting in the Fall. OR, given his situation, can he still play this year?

Gotcha. So that is the "reinstatement" part in the articles about him then. Still wondering if he needs to sit 2 semesters at USC (making him eligible in Dec) or since he hasn't played college ball at all, if he can play starting in the Fall. OR, given his situation, can he still play this year?
Those questions remain unanswered, and unfortunately, its up to the ncaa to decide. I highly doubt he has a chance to play this season. I would guess he needs to sit 2 semesters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT