ADVERTISEMENT

Briles hired as assistant coach for Houston.

Reactions: CQCKnFIRE
Negative articles about his past are the headlines.

I was hoping for him to be OC here but maybe Dodge a bullet. Really don't want that spot light like that on your program.

Boosters already talking about pulling money. Sins of a father....

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...-message-in-hiring-Kendal-Briles-12478485.php

I don't think there's a maybe here. We definitely dodged a bullet. Plenty of good offensive minds out there with no baggage at all. Hopefully we have two of them now.

I don't think there's a maybe here. We definitely dodged a bullet. Plenty of good offensive minds out there with no baggage at all. Hopefully we have two of them now.
Glad to open this topic and find this opinion. This is mine as well. What happened at Baylor and with the Briles's is reprehensible; forget em

Applewhite was a graduate assistant at Texas while Kendal Briles was a safety. Texas gave Kendal Briles his release to go play for his Dad when the father got the Houston job. So they may know each other personally from the 2002-2003 era.

Reactions: CQCKnFIRE
Yeah, but Houston is the kind of place that can make this situation work, Like FAU did with Kiffin. Some guys are really good but, for whatever reason, they aren't ready for primetime yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT