ADVERTISEMENT

Brownell question?

gfluvsthecocks

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2011
I was surprised last year that Brownell was not fired. Now I wonder if it was because of the prospect of signing Zion Williamson. Brownell has been there a while and has no NCAA wins, and only one appearance. Kinda weird the amount of leeway they have given him. I know hes off to a gopd start this year, but most of hos teams start hot and then tank.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Brad+Brownell+u3yLxL8370bm.jpg

brad-brownell-1487134279.jpg

The AD knew this would be Brownell's best team since being there. If that wasn't the case, he would have been canned. So said my Clemson friend.

Unless they have an astonishing collapse, they'll make the tournament this year. They have a good team. Hopefully they won't get hot in the ACC tourney & throw that gorilla off their backs.

Big reason he was able to stay was to see how he could recruit with the new $63 million basketball facility. Really was not fair to him in the past to recruit at one of the toughest jobs in the ACC with the worst facilities at the time.

I was surprised last year that Brownell was not fired. Now I wonder if it was because of the prospect of signing Zion Williamson. Brownell has been there a while and has no NCAA wins, and only one appearance. Kinda weird the amount of leeway they have given him. I know hes off to a gopd start this year, but most of hos teams start hot and then tank.

The running joke is that he has Dabo to thank for that. So long as football is winning, Clemson fans will be patient with the basketball program.

But I always believed we needed to be patient with Brownell. He had a good team from the Purnell years but he runs an entirely different system that takes time to recruit to.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
The AD knew this would be Brownell's best team since being there. If that wasn't the case, he would have been canned. So said my Clemson friend.
Not sure about that. It's the same team that was picked like 13th in the ACC.

I think also that if we fired Brownell last year it would more than likely killed our chances with Zion. Steve Smith has been recruiting him for the past three years.

They don't care about basketball in Clemson. It's football. Them having a good year is incidental.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT