ADVERTISEMENT

Browns offering Clowney 15mil for 1 year

Reactions: GamecockJL
this will be 3 teams in 7 years and new team is only offering 1 year..yep, Mr.Clowney will very soon be running out of teams to play for.

Clowney is wanting to be paid along the lines of the top DL, who have long-term contracts in the nature of $15 or so million per year. There may be issues with Clowney being considered a OLB or DE or DT, that impacts his goals.

Cleveland is willing to give him the money, but for only 1 year. There may be issues with his durability and staying healthy. Maybe it is a perception of his work ethic. But this is dangerous territory for Jadeveon - if he has one year and it's a sub-par year, then the next contract won't be for $15 mil, most likely. He is wanting to get locked into a more long-term contract, so the money is more secured. We'll see what happens....

Cleveland is willing to give him the money, but for only 1 year. There may be issues with his durability and staying healthy. Maybe it is a perception of his work ethic. But this is dangerous territory for Jadeveon - if he has one year and it's a sub-par year, then the next contract won't be for $15 mil, most likely.

Health and durability have been problems, but I bet one of his biggest issues is work ethic.

There’s absolutely no doubt that he’s one of the most physically gifted guys in the game. But work ethic? If he had the work ethic of JJ Watt he’d be a Hall of Famer.

I’ve talked to a few guys who were on the team here with him. They all absolutely agree on his off the charts athletic ability. They also absolutely agreed he was one of the laziest guys they’d ever played with.

Health and durability have been problems, but I bet one of his biggest issues is work ethic.

There’s absolutely no doubt that he’s one of the most physically gifted guys in the game. But work ethic? If he had the work ethic of JJ Watt he’d be a Hall of Famer.

I’ve talked to a few guys who were on the team here with him. They all absolutely agree on his off the charts athletic ability. They also absolutely agreed he was one of the laziest guys they’d ever played with.

bingo - he never had to work that hard to be better than everyone else.... Until now, and he doesn't have the built in work ethic at this stage that he should have. He never had to, and now he needs to, hopefully he figures that out sooner rather than later.

The greatest athlete of any sport I have ever seen in person. I count it among my greatest experiences to watch that level of excellence. I regret the NFL fans have not had a healthy Clowney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT