ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Staying Commited To UM.

thebo57

Jan 23, 2006
I know his visiting, but he says he is firm with UM. Lost Ridley and miss on Bruce, not so good.

I know his visiting, but he says he is firm with UM. Lost Ridley and miss on Bruce, not so good.
Careful....I discussed this topic earlier this week.

I will go ahead and get it out there for you....
Tater Tater. Troll. Why do you hate Muschamp? You're a sophomore.

I'm giving Muschamp a pass on this recruiting cycle. I'm going to give him a whole recruiting season before I make up my mind but so far I'd give him a B- rating. He needs to win ball games, people aren't going to forget his Florida days until he wins ball games here. He wins ball games and then he will get recruits I believe.

Question for both of you(PK &57), How long has Muschamp recruited these players for SC vs the teams we are competing against for their service? No team get everybody they want, if next year this time we are coming in second for a number of recruits then the "not so good" and PK's "telling Editorial" comments might not be met with such sharp responses. IMHO Spurs Up

Who did we lose Ridley to? I read he's still making a decision. It amazes me that people think Muschamp should be able to flip these kids in a few weeks.

Reactions: Gamecocks321
Damn, guys, the man can't win. Before, people complained because we didn't go after the top recruits for fear of getting turned down, now we go after the top recruits and we complain because he can't make them change their commitment in, what, a month? SMH. We will go after the top recruits. We will get some. We will not get them all. Get used to it.

Who did we lose Ridley to? I read he's still making a decision. It amazes me that people think Muschamp should be able to flip these kids in a few weeks.
With his reputation as one of the best recruiters and the staff he's bringing in, the expectations have been raised. You can't raise the standard and then say "oh you're expecting too much". Nope, we are bringing in the best coaches and recruiters so we demand the best players. Like I said, I'm giving him one full season because it wouldn't be fair to judge him when he's only been here a month. I've ridden the guy harder than anyone too. I'm watching him like a hawk though.

Damn, guys, the man can't win. Before, people complained because we didn't go after the top recruits for fear of getting turned down, now we go after the top recruits and we complain because he can't make them change their commitment in, what, a month? SMH. We will go after the top recruits. We will get some. We will not get them all. Get used to it.
This is the funny part of those arguing with me and others...
No one threatened his job or declared him a failure....just stated to win more games we gotta get better players. It starts w 1-2 big wins in recruiting NOW. No, we won't flip a bunch....but when we have two as close as Ridley and Bruce appear to be, you gotta win at least one.
We're not gonna fire him if not....but look at UGA, tater tek, and others on our schedule. Hard to beat them and win more if they consistently get the better players.

Question for both of you(PK &57), How long has Muschamp recruited these players for SC vs the teams we are competing against for their service? No team get everybody they want, if next year this time we are coming in second for a number of recruits then the "not so good" and PK's "telling Editorial" comments might not be met with such sharp responses. IMHO Spurs Up

I would like to have 4 wins in recruiting this year,Boom has won two,Edwards and BM.I want 4 players that came change this program.Thats being reasonable.(Ridley and Simpson would have been 4)I want 8 nxt year,and 10 the nxt.I am talking bout players that move you toward the tenn,UGA and fl of the sec.Outside BM and Edwards is just filler kids and projects in this cycle.

Gotta win some recruits to get more wins to win more recruits.
Just stated it was a majorly crucial battle and we need to turn Bruce or Ridley.

Careful....I discussed this topic earlier this week.

I will go ahead and get it out there for you....
Tater Tater. Troll. Why do you hate Muschamp? You're a sophomore.
No you moron I am 50 years old. I am very close to a lot of guys that have played here and are in the NFL. Just do the math. I think WM will do fine but this year he was handed the keys to a broke down car. I hope he salvages a few of the top guys but, he don't have much to go on.

We need to start one of those websites like Clemson has. "You'll get your money when you finish playing".

WTF is your malfunction ?
Who cares you're 50?
Who cares about your "friends"?
Who asked about your math ability?

Matter of fact who spoke to you at all?
Read your reply to me. Maybe it was misplaced, we seem to agree. If not then ?

You're not w me. I never said he gets no pass...we should punish failure after 2 months on the job.
I just simply stated these were two crucial battles...gotta find a way to win.

I want four wins,we need to find a way to make it happen.I am not "with you" poultry,for the record..

Poultry King

he really needs to win this one and start taking on these teams talking badly about USC.
I don't expect a top 10 class this season but he has to win this one....especially at such a critical position for us.

However,I was with you here.I must have gotten confused somewhere along the way..

Poultry King

he really needs to win this one and start taking on these teams talking badly about USC.
I don't expect a top 10 class this season but he has to win this one....especially at such a critical position for us.

However,I was with you here.I must have gotten confused somewhere along the way..
I was just saying I am not out of passes....
I just think we need to make a splash by winning a major recruiting battle now.

Ridley would take pressure off of Edwards and vice versa.Who ever the RB is will be less important,BM will give you another run option there.Throw in a good TE,you got the blueprint for a potent offense..

200w_d.gif

Paranoia running rampant...

This is the funny part of those arguing with me and others...
No one threatened his job or declared him a failure....just stated to win more games we gotta get better players. It starts w 1-2 big wins in recruiting NOW. No, we won't flip a bunch....but when we have two as close as Ridley and Bruce appear to be, you gotta win at least one.
We're not gonna fire him if not....but look at UGA, tater tek, and others on our schedule. Hard to beat them and win more if they consistently get the better players.
The recruiting cycle for this year began after Signing Day last year. Muschamp wasn't even a figment here then, let alone his staff. I'm going to start appraising him critically beginning Signing Day 2017.

Reactions: caigmaster
No you moron I am 50 years old. I am very close to a lot of guys that have played here and are in the NFL. Just do the math. I think WM will do fine but this year he was handed the keys to a broke down car. I hope he salvages a few of the top guys but, he don't have much to go on.

Why are you here, tater?

The man had a little over 2 weeks on the job before the recruiting dead period began. Did you really expect him to wave a magic wand and get kids to commit just like that? Getting a kid to schedule an official visit is a huge win, as their only allowed 5 official visits. This kid grew up a Miami fan and the former coaching staff probably started recruiting him 2 or even 3 years ago, so for Muschamp to swoop in and get an official visit scheduled so quickly is worthy of our appreciation. I'm looking for some big announcements mid in a few more weeks. We've got some really impressive recruits coming for officials in a little over a week. This staff has had very little time to recruit players at SC, so we fans need to be patient and appreciate even their smallest of successes.

I would like to have 4 wins in recruiting this year,Boom has won two,Edwards and BM.I want 4 players that came change this program.Thats being reasonable.(Ridley and Simpson would have been 4)I want 8 nxt year,and 10 the nxt.I am talking bout players that move you toward the tenn,UGA and fl of the sec.Outside BM and Edwards is just filler kids and projects in this cycle.

Jamarcus King had one hell of an offer list and could've gone anywhere, but he chose us. Bonus that he's an experienced college player at a position of great need. I believe he's ranked as the number 2 JUCO CB?

Jamarcus King had one hell of an offer list and could've gone anywhere, but he chose us. Bonus that he's an experienced college player at a position of great need. I believe he's ranked as the number 2 JUCO CB?

Yea I agree,but another playmaker at WR would do wonders going forward.

All you morons out there judging a coach for winning and losing recruiting battles during THE DEAD PERIOD have lost me...

You do realize he cannot even RECRUIT right now... Right? Hard to make real impactful connections and mind changing moves with a recruit through email and letters... Some of ya'll just need to calm the Eff down.

We still got about a month til signing day. Expect the fireworks to start up again about a week from now.

For everyone out there that are not happy unless you have some drama to talk about. No need to come back to the gamecock forum. We are doing just fine here. You can go and watch all the drama you want on "Days of Our Lives". For all of you Clemson trolls looking for anything negative on your rival. You can move along also. We are setting up nicely even in the dead period of recruiting. We have nothing but good going on right now and some people can't stand it.

****Nate Craig-Myers(-Trying to find the time to setup an official visit becasue Muschamp and T-Rob)

****Sam Bruce-(Has a official visit setup becasue he likes the new coaching staff and wants to give us a chance)

****Riley(Cavin) Ridley-(Committed to the gamecocks in a hurry to try and enroll early but then thought he should slow things down to make sure. Thats not saying he will not end up with the gamecocks. We have a good chance of landing him still.)

****Rico Dowdle(A Sleeper RB or WR that out played Clemsons 5 star running back Tavein Feaster. He looks like he will be a gamecock)

All I can say is it is a great time to be a gamecock. You can expect good news nearly daily with recruiting. Weather it is us offering a player that did not receive a look from the old staff or a new coaching hire that consistently ranks in the top 25 of the best recruiters out there. Im not a sunshine pumper but everything is going in the right direction for the gamecocks.

Just a side note that I found funny. Clemson loses 3 players due to failing a drug test before the playoff games. Then the game starts and Clemson is very lackluster the first half of play. Then they come out after the half and some how have more energy then when they started the game. Anybody else wonder if the team had a couple of bumps during the half. Who fails the drug test after that game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT