ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Edwards

yeah_yeah

Oct 15, 2011
Not trashing the young man by no means, but he has gone from one of our most sure handed receivers to dropping a ton of balls. I’m curious to know if there is some sort of hand injury we don’t know about. Is he just tired of getting pounded on balls thrown high or behind him?

With that said, he made a heck of a catch (and got hammered) to extend our last drive.

I think we need to give him a bit of a break for yesterday. Ask our punter about catching the ball in bad weather. Nonetheless, he made some huge plays to put us where we needed to be and we don’t win without him. He took some vicious shots as well.

Let’s not forget he was playing on 1 1/2 legs as well.

Hey, he also broke up their Hail Mary on the last play. Guy’s a gamer.

Oh yeah, Edwards is a poor receiver. Don't know why Champ keeps him on the team. Only caught 7 passes and scored 2 touchdowns, one of them an extraordinary catch and score with a Michael Vick stretch that I've not seen in a Gamecock uniform before.

If you were paying attention, you would know that Edwards has been a bit damaged and still plays better than most healthy receivers. Who would the whiners like to replace him with off the bench?

Some of the guys showed great awareness and focus. For instance, the stretch by Edwards while holding his body high, recognizing that he had a defender's body under him. Another great one was Jam's interception where he held his feet off the out of bounds turf long enough to control the ball. That takes focus beyond the moments action because the normal reaction would be to use the feet on the ground for leverage. That may have been the best example of focus I've seen in a Gamecock in a while.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
No one is is perfect but he obviously put it on the line Saturday. He has had to make adjustments to high balls thrown from Bently. He was crushed on one of his receptions over the middle yesterday, so you need to really take everything in account.. He has had to adjust to Bentley's sporadic throws this year. This is the first time this season have I seen receivers getting the ball delivered properly from 20 years out consistently . Its amazing how well a receiver does when the ball is where it's supposed to be. I know he dropped passes early and some in the bread basket but Bryan's pro's have far outweighed his cons. I hope he is not reading this board.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
He's here to play receiver. He could have been a heck of a db, which is why he didn't go upstate. He'll be alright.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT