ADVERTISEMENT

Bwahh!! - Gruden didn't think much of Shaq Lawson!

stevestrat2

Jun 12, 2010
South Carolina
Pretty funny - he dogged him - needs to lose weight , couldn't do anything against Notre dame , runs out of steam , need to get better to go against really good players in NFL-- And Lawson's speech sounds like he has never spent 10 minute in a classroom - then again he will be signing a giant contract so what the hell do I know

I never understood all of his hype either to be honest. Good player but not a good NFL player.

Pretty funny - he dogged him - needs to lose weight , couldn't do anything against Notre dame , runs out of steam , need to get better to go against really good players in NFL-- And Lawson's speech sounds like he has never spent 10 minute in a classroom - then again he will be signing a giant contract so what the hell do I know

Replace 'Lawson' with 'Clowney' and that's almost exactly what they said 2 years ago.

basically questioned the talent in the acc that he faced and when he faced someone good like ND tackle got shut down
His highest single game sack total, 2 sacks, came against Alabama. What does that mean? That Alabama had the weakest O-line play that Clemson faced? I kinda doubt that.

His highest single game sack total, 2 sacks, came against Alabama. What does that mean? That Alabama had the weakest O-line play that Clemson faced? I kinda doubt that.

Im sure Gruden comments are on youtube, i didnt watch Clemson play alot, Gruden watched the tape and made pretty strong comments for that format, i dont care about them other then that they lose, and i didnt memorize the Alabama game stats, i remember the OU game and it seemed like once he left they didn't miss a beat.

Reactions: CarolinaYacht
Replace 'Lawson' with 'Clowney' and that's almost exactly what they said 2 years ago.

Gruden called the Outback Bowl when Clowney dominated Michigan's NFL offensive lineman and made the famous hit. He would never compare Clowney to Shaq Lawson....

Clowney will break out. This fall will be his 3rd season in the NFL. A lot of star players don't blossom until about year 3 or 4 in the NFL. He also was an early entry, so he is only 1 full year removed from the 4 year college players coming in as rookies. He wasn't fully healthy with us his last year, and has been injured twice in his 2 years in the NFL. He is only 23 years old, and just now growing into his manhood years, He is going to become a beast again, hopefully this year, but it may be the next. Von Miller lead his team the NFL Championship, and was named Super Bowl MVP ... IN HIS 4TH YEAR.

Bill Parcells expectations of NFL players by years in the league are as follows:

Year(s):
1) Lets them chill and learn, maybe contribute a little.
2) play more ... Contribute more.
3) play a lot ... become a major contributor.
4) You are a star player ... and the team relies on you to perform
5) If year 4 comes and goes, and you're not the star player as expected, you're gone or he would give the player 1 more year (yr 5) to prove himself ... that is if he still has some faith that he can do it. If at the end of year 5 it hasn't happened he's done with that player.

Either way, he's already looking for your replacement as early as the end of year 3 where he expects the player to heavily contribute.

So, everybody needs to get off of Clowney's case. He will break out, just like he did at USC. He was just ahead of schedule in college because of his speed and physical attributes. It only took 1 year to see him become a superstar. So, we'll see what happens over the next 2 years.

He had 3.5 tackles for loss going up against Stanley. Wouldn't say he shut him down like Gruden said. I think Gruden is still miffed that he whiffed on the Gaines Adams pick.

lawson is a very good player

come on guys, we are doing what you do when you cant beat a team. make crazy statements against them

- Clowney better show something soon, or i think its almost safe to say he was a bust

Yes and then during his interview he showed that Clemson education

I was actually embarrassed for him with that interview. I'm actually surprised he earned a high school diploma, let alone making good enough grades to be accepted into college & taking/passing college classes. Amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT