ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all "sane and resonable" fellow FGF'ers!!

cocky2atee

Sep 13, 2006
Please convince me not to put money on the TarHeels...I'm guilty of reading too deep into things when it comes to my Gamecocks...I just don't have a good vibe so please talk me out of this!!
*I can do without the gambling lectures too!*

I would always bet on South Carolina and against clemsux....I stopped betting on either because my emotions were doing the picking.

Save your money and double up on the Georgia game. We own them

Convince you?
Collecting on a 'Carolina loss should only mitigate the pain of a loss when its collected after we COVER the spread having entered the game as a dog.
Betting against South Carolina anytime is as sleazy as dumping your own stock 'cause you know before anyone else that expected billion-dollar PO isn't gonna' be funded by the Navy.
Personally, if you have ANY idea or intention of 'betting against South Carolina' I strongly encourage you to DO IT.. I hope you bet the house.

I was very close to betting on UGA last year against Carolina. I think it was like a 6 point spread. I saw nothing in our game vs TAMU or their game vs Clemson that led me to believe it would be close. I decided against it for some reason. So while my hunch was right, that day I was wrong. I don't think I'll ever try to bet again.

Specifically to this game, I am not sure what to think. I think our D will be good, but I'm not sure our O will be able to score enough points. I'm confident in Spurrier, though.

sane and reasonable answer.

Never bet for or against your own team. Emotion and money are never a good combination.

You always think you know more than you really know - whether good or bad.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
sane and reasonable answer.

Never bet for or against your own team. Emotion and money are never a good combination.

You always think you know more than you really know - whether good or bad.
I call this the "Pete Rose". I agree.

My father ran some book in his time. He taught me one thing, right after the 56-20 beatdown of Clemson in 1975. Never bet with your heart; bet with your head. I've never taken his advice as I have never bet against Carolina. Needless to say, I could be retired by now had I taken his advice. Also, betting on the 1st game of the season is like betting on a preseason NFL game. You just never know how the teams match up/will play. We certainly showed that last year against A&M.

Go with your gut feeling. Bet the house on UNC. It would be wise to bet early before the line changes.

I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole. UNC could score 50 or 10 depending on which offense shows up.

Please convince me not to put money on the TarHeels...I'm guilty of reading too deep into things when it comes to my Gamecocks...I just don't have a good vibe so please talk me out of this!!
Never bet on a game one

nothin' wrong w/ bettin' on the heel, yer just gonna have 2 see them win w/ what points yer given & yet lose the game 2 Carolina on the field.

Simple....we SHOULD be the better team. We SHOULD win by 3. I don't care if it is your favorite team or not. I personally feel that you usually have better insight to your favorite team. I wouldn't go farm on this game, but maybe wager a "comfortable" amount. I think we are going to be surprised at how Hoke pulls this defense together.

Simple....we SHOULD be the better team. We SHOULD win by 3. I don't care if it is your favorite team or not. I personally feel that you usually have better insight to your favorite team. I wouldn't go farm on this game, but maybe wager a "comfortable" amount. I think we are going to be surprised at how Hoke pulls this defense together.

Bookies love guys like you.

Reactions: vehemon
They couldn't score 50 if we played 8 quarters.

For USC's sake, I hope their defense doesn't think that. They scored 35 on Clemson's defense last year and all those guys are back on offense. They can score 50 on your defense if the defense loses focus like Clemson's did.

Again, not saying they will or won't. UNC is up and down big time (scored 7 against NC State). But thinking they can't score points if they get rolling is crazy.

For USC's sake, I hope their defense doesn't think that. They scored 35 on Clemson's defense last year and all those guys are back on offense. They can score 50 on your defense if the defense loses focus like Clemson's did.

Again, not saying they will or won't. UNC is up and down big time (scored 7 against NC State). But thinking they can't score points if they get rolling is crazy.

Spurrier is Fedora's daddy.

Bet in favor of UNC. That way, if the Cocks win, you'll be happy they won. If UNC wins, you'll be sad the Cocks lose but will have some extra cash in your pocket. Regardless of what you choose, it will not determine the outcome of the game.

But seriously, I agree with all the posters who say to never bet your emotion.

well, if youre a gambler like me, you know good and well its hard to pick against your own team.....its only like 2-4pts spread right?.....i couldnt pick against them on that spread.....being right isnt going to make you feel any better if you go with NC.....go with the cocks, I am

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT