ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton's new contract. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

jsusc

Aug 12, 2004
There seems to be a love/hate on FGF with the Panthers and Newton. Is he really worth $20 million per year? I don't think there are more than 3 or 4 quarterbacks that are worth that. Do the Panthers have to do this? Why not just offer $15 million for, at best, a middle of the road quarterback?

Reactions: rockhillcock803
Newton is one of the best QBs in the league. Some analysts call him the Lebron James of the NFL. They're surrounding him with weapons and probably the best defense in the NFL. Don't be surprised if Carolina makes it into the NFC championship game this season.

Newton is one of the best QBs in the league. Some analysts call him the Lebron James of the NFL. They're surrounding him with weapons and probably the best defense in the NFL. Don't be surprised if Carolina makes it into the NFC championship game this season.

That is hilarious....Newton sucks as a passer

Reactions: NC_cock_fan

ROTFL.gif

"Labron James of the NFL"......Well you're right on one front...they are both whining crybabies.

There seems to be a love/hate on FGF with the Panthers and Newton. Is he really worth $20 million per year? I don't think there are more than 3 or 4 quarterbacks that are worth that. Do the Panthers have to do this? Why not just offer $15 million for, at best, a middle of the road quarterback?
might be that few here give a damn about the charlotte team

Reactions: Bleedgandb3334
That is hilarious....Newton sucks as a passer

He has 2 division championships, was rookie of the year, and has been a pro bowler too.

He's not Aaron Rodgers, but he is in the upper half of NFL QBs.

The Panthers problem on offense is Mike Shula

I'm one of the biggest panther fans there is but Cam just can't make the throws. The receiver has to be standing still for Newton to connect. Now I think he's a great runner but that only gets you so far against a good team in the NFL. I think the team can win their fair share of games like the last couple of years but don't think newton can take us to the promise land.
Jmo

SMH, I used to pull the Panthers.

$Cam finished the regular season with a 82.1 QB rating last year. Good for # 26. Guess that puts him in the top 50% of the league, barely.

Cam is an oddity at QB- more like a tight end. He throws into coverage and panics. No progression. Even his running is not effective. The playoff game was classic NFL Cam.

Cammy's cam-juice better be high octane this season with Oher at LT. He's going to need the speed when running for his life.

When I was young, I loved playing sandlot and organized football. Now that I'm older, I love watching football. It's a great game. But I've stopped buying tickets and paying for cable. If I can catch a game here and there on network television, or at a friend or relative's house, that'll be enough. I just can't see the obscene amount of money that goes into sports these days as a good thing. But if that's where you want to burn your money I suppose our culture will gladly applaud your gifts. As for me, I think a kayak or a DIY project might be a far more rewarding investment. To be honest, I feel sort of sorry for these fellows. Playing ball for millions of dollars probably isn't the best schoolhouse for maturing and character building. I know a lot of us felt bad for Marcus when his NFL dreams ended, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a richer and more productive life than many of these spoiled and overpaid athletes. That's my two cents.

I'll take whatever he's having!

He has 2 division championships, was rookie of the year, and has been a pro bowler too.

He's not Aaron Rodgers, but he is in the upper half of NFL QBs.

The Panthers problem on offense is Mike Shula
Cam has led the Panthers to a losing record as the starting quarterback.

I'm one of the biggest panther fans there is but Cam just can't make the throws. The receiver has to be standing still for Newton to connect. Now I think he's a great runner but that only gets you so far against a good team in the NFL. I think the team can win their fair share of games like the last couple of years but don't think newton can take us to the promise land.
Jmo

He can't make the throws because the offensive line sucks, and the offensive coaches are trying to make him a pocket passer. I'm not a big Panther fan, but anyone can see that the OLine is one of the main reasons Cam has such a tough time trying to make a throw.

In 4 years he's been hit 531 times (in the pocket) which is the most in the league. 2nd is Ryan Fitzpatrick at 272. The reason people on here don't like Cam is due to two things, and it's not because of his ability. It's due to the fact he played at Auburn and his recruiting was always questionable.

camescape.gif

Last edited:

Not sure if this response by TPB is serious or trying to get a rise out of others. Regardless, let me ask. You note "some analysts call him the Lebron James of the NFL". Please provide the names of these "analysts (note plural)" and provide links for these quotes. I'm not a Panthers fan and not a Newton fan, consider myself pretty objective on this subject, but he is not a QB that I think of as elite ... by any means.

Life is good - Peace!

He is an elite QB in a sucky system with a terrible OLine. You take Cam off the Panthers and they are lucky to win 2 games a year.

I agree. haters gonna hate though, right?

I agree. haters gonna hate though, right?

I guess so. People are still butt hurt about the SEC Championship game, but he's a Panther now. He is hated by a lot on here that aren't even Panther fans, but even claimed Panther fans have said they stopped pulling for them because of Cam Newton. It's ridiculous. I doubt they were even Panther fans to begin with.

I guess so. People are still butt hurt about the SEC Championship game, but he's a Panther now. He is hated by a lot on here that aren't even Panther fans, but even claimed Panther fans have said they stopped pulling for them because of Cam Newton. It's ridiculous. I doubt they were even Panther fans to begin with.

Not hating. Just asking you to provide the proof of these comments (plural) allegedly made by analysts.

Who? Never heard of him.

Who cares about the NC Panthers and/or Scam Newton. When they started and pick that Tarhole blue for their color, I was forever done with them. Hope the panthers NEVER win a game.

QB is by far the most important position in the NFL, if not the only important position. Without a good QB, you aren't winning a Super Bowl. Unfortunately, there is a dearth of QB talent in the NFL, so if you have a serviceable guy like Cam, a team has to do whatever they can to keep him (even if it means overpaying him). If you give him an elite defense, he might be good enough to win a Super Bowl (or he might not be, he's right on the cusp). Either way, given how few good QB's there are out there, you always keep "might be good enough" over the unknown.

Who cares about the NC Panthers and/or Scam Newton. When they started and pick that Tarhole blue for their color, I was forever done with them. Hope the panthers NEVER win a game.

This is retarded. They also picked black as their color to accommodate Gamecock fans. They publicly stated this when they first unveiled the colors. Also, the Panther's all black unis were fan voted the best NFL unis of all time.

This is retarded. They also picked black as their color to accommodate Gamecock fans. They publicly stated this when they first unveiled the colors. Also, the Panther's all black unis were fan voted the best NFL unis of all time.

I won't ever like that color. You can always feel free to call me retarded to my face. You won't like the outcome. Again, would not EVER pull for a team wearing tarhole blue. You must actually live in a trailer park.

I won't ever like that color. You can always feel free to call me retarded to my face. You won't like the outcome. Again, would not EVER pull for a team wearing tarhole blue. You must actually live in a trailer park.

I never called you retarded, I said your post was retarded. I won't give in to your E-thug/keyboard warrior mentality though. You know nothing about me, nor do I know anything about you. I could be 6'5 240 lbs of lean muscle and a mastered MMA fighter. But, no I actually own a nice home in a rural sub-division. Trailer Park Boys is a great show though, you should give it a try.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT