ADVERTISEMENT

Came across this gem on Saturday

18IsTheMan

Oct 1, 2014
In the process of making a move, which means going through all the boxes of my stuff I recently retrieved from my parents. Too many newspapers, Sports Illustrated and Beckett baseball card price guides! So much had to go.

But, came across the one below, which is definitely a keeper (this was in the Chattanooga, TN paper). I remember the call on the radio like it was yesterday. Was living in TN at the time, so I got the UGA radio broadcast.

Was an awesome day for me as you can see in the bottom corner that Jim Abbott for the Yankees threw a no-hitter that day. It all could have happened yesterday.

64458557_10104951273659818_4394689384276819968_o.jpg

Last edited:
Cool Deal!

The last thing I came across when I was going through a box of Gamecock stuff was some 1970-71 Gamecock Basketball drawings, a few weeks back, I did a thread and people on here helped me identify it as something from a basketball camp back then, I had 2 packs, same guys, sold one on ebay for $30, and the guy that bought them, relisted it for $175, hehehe, anyways I have another pack, we will see if he is successful, if so I will have to sell my last pack, still probably not for $175 but more then $30 :)

I have a bunch of newspapers from 2000 and 2001, I think, somewhere, that would be cool to see again.

Cool Deal!

The last thing I came across when I was going through a box of Gamecock stuff was some 1970-71 Gamecock Basketball drawings, a few weeks back, I did a thread and people on here helped me identify it as something from a basketball camp back then, I had 2 packs, same guys, sold one on ebay for $30, and the guy that bought them, relisted it for $175, hehehe, anyways I have another pack, we will see if he is successful, if so I will have to sell my last pack, still probably not for $175 but more then $30 :)

I have a bunch of newspapers from 2001, I think

Nice! It's definitely fun to open up boxes that have been sealed up for 25+ years. Takes a long time to go through, though, as I had to read each one.

My bro happened to be in law school in Cincinnati when Bennett was picked up by the Bengals. I was up visiting him one year during training camp, so I took this paper with me and managed to find my way to their practice and tried to get Brandon to sign this paper, but one of the other players told me he'd already gone to the locker room. That would have been the icing on the cake.

I wish I could find all my old copies of Gamecock Fever. That was some hilarious stuff and incredible creativity involved. I would have loved to be sitting around the table with those guys when brainstorming a new edition.

Anyone know if they can be found anywhere?

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I wish I could find all my old copies of Gamecock Fever. That was some hilarious stuff and incredible creativity involved. I would have loved to be sitting around the table with those guys when brainstorming a new edition.

Anyone know if they can be found anywhere?

I loved those, I was a kid in the 80s and we would read those, they were very funny.

some of the stuff might be labeled offensive in present day but I will say

Dooooooooo Dametocks !

You got to hear a Munson classic then, pleading for the Dawgs to lay on the ground.

You got to hear a Munson classic then, pleading for the Dawgs to lay on the ground.

Absolutely. As much as I enjoy being able to see every game on TV, part of me misses sitting around on a Saturday, slowly scrolling through AM stations and stopping at anything that sounded like a football game to see if it was us playing. Since this was pre-internet, there was no easy way to find out which stations carried our away games. I tended to not be able to pick up our home broadcast, unless it was a night game.

Cool Deal!

I have a bunch of newspapers from 2000 and 2001, I think, somewhere, that would be cool to see again.
I still have a copy of the 2011 Omaha paper with the CWS championship. Eventually I will dram or something I suppose.

In the process of making a move, which means going through all the boxes of my stuff I recently retrieved from my parents. Too many newspapers, Sports Illustrated and Beckett baseball card price guides! So much had to go.

But, came across the one below, which is definitely a keeper (this was in the Chattanooga, TN paper). I remember the call on the radio like it was yesterday. Was living in TN at the time, so I got the UGA radio broadcast.

Was an awesome day for me as you can see in the bottom corner that Jim Abbott for the Yankees threw a no-hitter that day. It all could have happened yesterday.

64458557_10104951273659818_4394689384276819968_o.jpg

Think we ended 4-7 didn’t we?

I use to have a bunch of old Spurs and Feathers that when back to when Rogers won the Heisman, if I'm not mistaken. I ultimately throw them all away, much to my chagrin. I still have the 1984 Football Poster schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT