ADVERTISEMENT

Can I get your thoughts and prayers for a Gamecock fan and get you to

chick75

Jul 14, 2002
Camden, SC
stop the madness for a bit?

My nephew had a heart attack a month ago today but never felt right. I went to see him at the hospital. the next day. We talked about Gamecock football. He's a huge fan. He is only 39, still a kid to me. He had major heart surgery today because he never felt right after the heart attack.

Please take a minute from your grumblings and pray for a young man who needs support in the next 48 hours and in the all-important "after 48 hours" to recover and enjoy his Gamecocks. No, it's not enjoyable now, but his life is.

Thanks in advance.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!

Reactions: Cock-Vader
I hope he gets well soon. I had quadruple bypass 6 years ago and still going strong. He needs to watch his diet and get plenty of exercise.

Reactions: chick75

My nephew had a heart attack a month ago today but never felt right. I went to see him at the hospital. the next day. We talked about Gamecock football. He's a huge fan. He is only 39, still a kid to me. He had major heart surgery today because he never felt right after the heart attack.

Please take a minute from your grumblings and pray for a young man who needs support in the next 48 hours and in the all-important "after 48 hours" to recover and enjoy his Gamecocks. No, it's not enjoyable now, but his life is.

Thanks in advance.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!
My prayers for your nephew and his family.

Thanks in advance.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!
chin up chick, if I know those nurses they'll have him struttin' like a cock tomorrow AM.

Prayers sent...be sure to encourage him to change things that is within his power. Diet, exercise, and DEFINITELY NO SMOKING if he is currently!

Thanks in advance.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!

Is your nephew by chance at Columbia Heart??

Just asking, and he'll be in my prayers tonight!!

He is at Richland where my mother went at the time they thought they could help her. It never really did, but it wasn't their fault. They are great.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!
Prayers sent...be sure to encourage him to change things that is within his power. Diet, exercise, and DEFINITELY NO SMOKING if he is currently!
He did stop after the heart attack. I had a heart to fist conversation with him the day after the heart attack. But there has been so much damage.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!

I hope he gets well soon. I had quadruple bypass 6 years ago and still going strong. He needs to watch his diet and get plenty of exercise.
If only he would listen to me... I felt so useless when I saw him after the heart attack. He may be 39, but he has the thinking of a 20-year-old.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!

He is at Richland where my mother went at the time they thought they could help her. It never really did, but it wasn't their fault. They are great.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!

He did stop after the heart attack. I had a heart to fist conversation with him the day after the heart attack. But there has been so much damage.

GOCOCKS! BEATUCF!

Sorry to hear. The important thing to remember is to give the body every chance it can to heal as much as possible from the damage. The body is an amazing machine. It has long been thought that heart muscle does not regenerate...that belief is recently being challenged. A healthy diet, low stress, >>>smoke free<<< environment would probably do wonders.

I'm a stern believer in juicing. I would definitely talk to your physician before any radical diets are started just to make sure there's little possibility of interaction with meds and what not. From what I understand, flooding the body with nutrients it normally doesn't get can help supercharge starving cells and help them function to the best of their ability. I'd also recommend the Netfilx documentary 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.' Very informative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT