ADVERTISEMENT

Can one care yet be indifferent at the same time?

Cockish

Apr 11, 2017
I'm a 50+ year old alumnus of CAROLINA, and I was telling the wife after yesterday's game that while I do care as a GAMECOCK, I am actually glad I've become indifferent after the 2013 season. It definitely helps me sleep better, I don"t kick the cat anymore. and it has saved me a ton of money and frustration on paying to attend in person for a persistent mediocre product that gives little return on my investment.

Last edited:
It’s a life lesson. I too am a 50 plus year old carolina grad. Unfortunately, the little bit of success we had with spurrier has ruined our expectations. Remember when we beat Ohio st. In twice in the outback bowl games? We peeked and they slumped. Then they went on to win a national championship. Then we beat the turds 5years in a row and now they are playing for another national championship.
So be wise and expect the same results as we have always had. If we do better than we are all winners, if not, you’ve lost nothing!

I think apathy sets in when you have seen all we have seen in our lifetimes. It is a never ending saga of bad football teams. Minus Basketball in the late 60's, Baseball in 2010-2012, and football under Spurrier, it has just been a joke. The kind of bad joke that keeps being re-told so often you just want to say "Enough!" I actually went to the Chic Fila bowl the year it was reported Garcia partied and got drunk the night before the game. We lost to FSU. I felt betrayed with all the money I had spent to stay in Atlanta, fight the crowds before and after the game, and the price of two tickets. Never again. I live 40 minutes away from uptown Charlotte and would not have gone to the game if I had free tickets. Enough is enough and until I see an improvement in effort and coaching my money will stay in my pocket.

Last edited:
I think apathy sets in when you have seen all we have seen in our lifetimes. It is a never ending saga of bad football teams. Minus Basketball in the late 60's, Baseball in 2010-2012, and football under Spurrier, it has just been a joke. The kind of bad joke that keeps being re-told so often you just want to say "Enough!" I actually went to the Chic Fila bowl the year it was reported Garcia partied and got drunk the night before the game. We lost to FSU. I felt betrayed with all the money I had spent to stay in Atlanta, fight the crowds before and after the game, and the price of two tickets. Never again. I live 40 minutes away from uptown Charlotte and would not have gone to the game if I had free tickets. Enough is enough and until I see an improvement in effort and coaching my money will stay in my pocket.
I live in Rock Hill SC...never once crossed my mind about going to the game..65 years old and been a Gamecock all my life..i care way more than I need to about everything Carolina. After the Spurrier mess..No Mas!!!

Flushed it and moved on. But do I need to look forward to the yardcocks or next year's WBB recruits?

I'm a 50+ year old alumnus of CAROLINA, and I was telling the wife after yesterday's game that while I do care as a GAMECOCK, I am actually glad I've become indifferent after the 2013 season. It definitely helps me sleep better, I don"t kick the cat anymore. and it has saved me a ton of money and frustration on paying to attend in person for a persistent mediocre product that gives little return on my investment.

After almost 74 years on this earth and a Gamecock fan of approximately 59 years, I'm in the same boat.

Reactions: Cockish
It is frustrating that unless I win the lottery and become a bag man, there's not jack squat I can do. Those who are winners these days have to be ruthless and go to any lengths to win. That includes the AD and BOT.

Rest assured, if I win the Mega-Millions, I WILL be our much-needed bag man. I will go Jesse Pinkman on them, stacks of 100s on their front porch daily.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT