ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get a Defensive Coordinator that is .........

Agree, it has. It's more than just scheme also. Look at how the DL played under Lawing...the technique they used...versus Adams. It is painfully evident. And it wasn't just Clowney, Lawing's DL prior to the arrival of Clowney were just as fundamentally sound and tough.

Yes. Yes. 1000x yes!

Ward is here because of the payout....It was going to cost us his salary anyway. He got the title to save face and Adams also would have been a buyout we would have had to swallow. I see a huge shake up if Spurrier stays and an even bigger one if he retires....either way we won't have these guys next year for sure.
+1

There has got to be a nasty tough SOB in the NFL that wants to go back to teaching players that aren't spoiled and who wants to run a defense his way.

I'd like to see us hire a DC that simply isn't freaking scared.

To me to best hide a defense that lacked talent I'd be more aggressive blitzing and pressing outside receivers. If Im going to get beat Im going to get beat being aggressive, not being worried my guys are going to get beat.

I agree. Does that mean you think Ward and Adams are good coaches?? I mean last year against KY and TN no adjustments as their QBs ran it down our throats. If Hoke was coaching our DB's last week I also question why they cant cover a slant pattern and continue to play 10 yds off of the line of scrimmage.
i get what you are saying...that was all on the defensive ends and they were pitiful last year....not much ward coulda done last year...if yall wanna ride him for his recruiting go for it....but his coaching wasn't being called out 2 years ago....iow he didn't just forget how.

i get what you are saying...that was all on the defensive ends and they were pitiful last year....not much ward coulda done last year...if yall wanna ride him for his recruiting go for it....but his coaching wasn't being called out 2 years ago....iow he didn't just forget how.

Just a few weeks ago, Ward's excusers were praising him for being such a great recruiter. Thankfully, I haven't seen any of those posts in awhile. As for his coaching, the defense has gotten worse every year he has been in charge; culminating with last year which was the worst defense in the history of USC. If the defensive staff was kept around just to save money then it says a lot about the men who are controlling USC's FB pgm.
Everyone was screaming for some changes to the defensive staff last year but only a Band-Aid was applied to a gaping wound. No wonder the fans are in an uproar. If things don't improve then bonfires and pitch forks may be the attire of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT