ADVERTISEMENT

Can you truely be All In and actively root for another power 5 team?

Jan 19, 2017
Near Rocket Scientist , AL
People on the Clemson boards seem to disagree with this.

I say no. If you have apparel/memorabilia of another Power 5 team that you wear/display regularly you are not ALL IN. If you openly admit you are a dual fan of Power 5 teams YOU ARE NOT ALL IN.

Do any of y'all also pull for a second team in college football, or is it USC all or nothing?

Also, I have intel on some of the trolls from tigernet. I'll be happy to rat them out if needed.

my F-I-L has very deep family ties to another power 5 school. He's given me shirts and hats on occasion over the years and I've worn them from time to time.

We drink beers together and I pull for his team. He pulls for mine.

Last edited:
my F-I-L has very deep family ties to another power 5 school. He's given me shirts and hats on occasion over the years and I've worn them from time to time.

We drink beers together and I pull for his team. He pulls for mine. Who cares?
But that's a mutual respect for a friend type of thing. Thank you for the input. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
NAT

Reactions: vehemon and wood90

I say no. If you have apparel/memorabilia of another Power 5 team that you wear/display regularly you are not ALL IN. If you openly admit you are a dual fan of Power 5 teams YOU ARE NOT ALL IN.

Do any of y'all also pull for a second team in college football, or is it USC all or nothing?

Also, I have intel on some of the trolls from tigernet. I'll be happy to rat them out if needed.
Not really. USC is my alma mater and is the only school for which I have sports memorabilia (t-shirts, sweatshirts, caps, jackets, etc.) and the only one I follow closely. I do occasionally watch and in some sense pull for the graduate schools I attended....TOSU, Dayton and Miami...but, other than a UD Law School sweatshirt, I don't have any memorabilia from them and am lukewarm in my support of their sports teams. I will say being at a TOSU-Meatshagin game is an experience I won't forget.

Just playing devil's advocate here but pretty much everyone has a huge contingency of bandwagoners. I remember there were quadruple the amount of Carolina bumper stickers, car flags, shirts, hats just a couple years ago.

now i go to Bi-Lo wearing a dang cocks t-shirt and someone says 'oh, hey! i like Carolina, too' like we're a dang endangered species.

Reactions: rogue cock
Just playing devil's advocate here but pretty much everyone has a huge contingency of bandwagoners. I remember there were quadruple the amount of Carolina bumper stickers, car flags, shirts, hats just a couple years ago.

now i go to Bi-Lo wearing a dang cocks t-shirt and someone says 'oh, hey! i like Carolina, too' like we're a dang endangered species.
I'd imagine that's the same crowd that floats between the Panthers and the Falcons also.

Reactions: wood90
Would I ever pull for any other P5 school over USC, no of course not. I have in the past had t-shirts from other P5 schools that I would wear though. I have had t-shirts in the past from Wisc, Florida, Texas, NC State (many years ago, wore it to a Clemson/ NC State game), Penn St, I think couple of others. Currently since I am older now, all I have is USC stuff, and a couple of USC Upstate shirts and T-shirts.

Would I ever pull for any other P5 school over USC, no of course not. I have in the past had t-shirts from other P5 schools that I would wear though. I have had t-shirts in the past from Wisc, Florida, Texas, NC State (many years ago, wore it to a Clemson/ NC State game), Penn St, I think couple of others. Currently since I am older now, all I have is USC stuff, and a couple of USC Upstate shirts and T-shirts.
That's different than being a die hard Bama fan and a die hard Carolina fan. But I see your point.

It might be an ACC thing versus SEC thing. A lot of people still don't understand why a lot of the SEC teams band together.

First, I love college football. Any given Saturday, my 'teams' might change depending on the current scenario. I got to see my first game at the Rose Bowl a few years ago... UCLA vs SoCal... Was I just supposed to sit there and not cheer for a team? I bought a UCLA hat and enjoyed seeing the smug SoCal fans attitude get smothered slowly throughout the game.

Secondly, the default for most SEC team's fans cheer for other SEC teams. But there is a * with that... everyone has different experiences and that has weight on who everyone pulls for. One of my best friends graduated with me at USC but got his doctorate at Florida. I've had a blast every time I've been down to Gainesville whether the Gamecocks are playing or not. On the other hand, I absolutely hate Georgia and have actually pulled for Clempson a few times because of my deep seated hatred... but then my feelings for Tennessee has changed from loved to watch a Tennessee game to even pulling for Georgia to beat Tennessee because of how their fans have acted the last two years. It's a whole buffet of craziness that doesn't make sense. But that's ok with me and most SEC fans. The lines of hatred get drawn weekly during the year.

Lastly, you have a lot of people that have family and friends that branch through lots of schools. My family is purely Gamecock with no one going to any other school. My friends on the other hand are mixed between every one of these schools for various reasons; Clempson, NC State, Coastal Carolina, CoC, Furman, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, UNC, Arizona, UCLA, App State, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, VT, Alabama, and Penn State. Even with this list... at various times in the last ~20 years I've enjoyed watching some of these teams play football for various reasons. Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami, and Oklahoma.

I don't have any problem someone trying to say that they are ALL IN with one team. If you have that attitude, you probably don't get invited to watch football on the weekends.

If you got hidden trolls, out them :)

Reactions: DaddyRooster
It might be an ACC thing versus SEC thing. A lot of people still don't understand why a lot of the SEC teams band together.

First, I love college football. Any given Saturday, my 'teams' might change depending on the current scenario. I got to see my first game at the Rose Bowl a few years ago... UCLA vs SoCal... Was I just supposed to sit there and not cheer for a team? I bought a UCLA hat and enjoyed seeing the smug SoCal fans attitude get smothered slowly throughout the game.

Secondly, the default for most SEC team's fans cheer for other SEC teams. But there is a * with that... everyone has different experiences and that has weight on who everyone pulls for. One of my best friends graduated with me at USC but got his doctorate at Florida. I've had a blast every time I've been down to Gainesville whether the Gamecocks are playing or not. On the other hand, I absolutely hate Georgia and have actually pulled for Clempson a few times because of my deep seated hatred... but then my feelings for Tennessee has changed from loved to watch a Tennessee game to even pulling for Georgia to beat Tennessee because of how their fans have acted the last two years. It's a whole buffet of craziness that doesn't make sense. But that's ok with me and most SEC fans. The lines of hatred get drawn weekly during the year.

Lastly, you have a lot of people that have family and friends that branch through lots of schools. My family is purely Gamecock with no one going to any other school. My friends on the other hand are mixed between every one of these schools for various reasons; Clempson, NC State, Coastal Carolina, CoC, Furman, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, UNC, Arizona, UCLA, App State, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, VT, Alabama, and Penn State. Even with this list... at various times in the last ~20 years I've enjoyed watching some of these teams play football for various reasons. Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami, and Oklahoma.

I don't have any problem someone trying to say that they are ALL IN with one team. If you have that attitude, you probably don't get invited to watch football on the weekends.

A guy that gets banned regularly is named Anonymous08 on tigernet. He once went by the name cocks4eva_.

Agree mostly. However, a true Bama fan would never root for Auburn. And vice versa.

This would hold true for:

UGA - Auburn
Bama - Tenn
UGA - UF

These classic rivalries in my opinion trump any artificial allegiance to a conference because they involve good old fashioned hate. It would be like those USC fans who say they pull for Clemson because it helps the state. That's just weird!

Agree mostly. However, a true Bama fan would never root for Auburn. And vice versa.

UGA - Auburn
Bama - Tenn
UGA - UF

These classic rivalries in my opinion trump any artificial allegiance to a conference because they involve good old fashioned hate. It would be like those USC fans who say they pull for Clemson because it helps the state. That's just weird!
I agree with this. The only sport I pull for that is USC is women's basketball. It's safe to say we won't ever have a team, and it's hard not to pull against UCONN.

UGA - Auburn
Bama - Tenn
UGA - UF

I agree on the true rivalries but there are always exceptions.

I was talking to an Ole Miss alumni about how he was thrilled Alabama was beat and didn't understand why I wanted Alabama to win if I was a college football fan. He literally was completely clueless. I put it to him like this; "Would you have pulled for Mississippi State if they were playing Alabama for the national championship?" He took two steps back and shivered. Not to quick on the thinking about that one.

A guy that gets banned regularly is named Anonymous08 on tigernet. He once went by the name cocks4eva_.
I've got a web spider that occasionally ties back comments made here and other Clempson forums. (tigernet is usually the biggest culprit). I'll have to put that name in my filter.

Thanks!

This is a first lol. A troll pretending to be a troll hahaha
Send me tmail letting me know your calling of the bubble gang. Then I'll keep quiet the rest of the people's troll accounts.

As for the gamecocks on here. I'll gladly talk educated sports talk with you. Like I said. I'm so like women's basketball and I found myself pulling for the Ray Tanner teams. When it comes to clemson football I'm ALL IN though. I do look forward to more competitive games in the future!

What gets me is when a fan base like Auburn would pull for Bama over Clemson. That makes no sense to me because conference does not trump natural rival. I heard some Auburn people doing that.

If Clemson and Carolina were in the same conference you would never see me pull for them because of it.

I attended Davidson for a couple of years before transferring to USC. I am fond of those Wildcats and cheer for their success when not playing USC. Admittedly not power 5, but you get the picture.

If we couldn't win the CWS, I'm glad Coastal did so for the state of SC. Clemron? Never!

What gets me is when a fan base like Auburn would pull for Bama over Clemson. That makes no sense to me because conference does not trump natural rival. I heard some Auburn people doing that.

If Clemson and Carolina were in the same conference you would never see me pull for them because of it.
If we were still in the ACC and a Tater victory over, say, Wake, would put us in first place (regardless of sport), I'd have to swallow my pride for a couple of hours and quietly cheer for the Orange:cool:

Reactions: JSpears5

I am TOTALLY Gamecock through and through....but I can tell you I am also "all in" for any team that plays Clemson and that is 100% of the time! :cool:

Where do you live? Yes, there has been a small increase in that ugly orange around but I haven't seen any decline in Carolina stuff being worn in the midlands.

Answer to the original question... I only wear Gamecock stuff as far as college sports goes but I do strategically pull for other teams such as anyone who plays Clemson, any SEC team that plays UGA and sometimes I'll pull for an underdog in certain situations. But to be all in I don't think you can be wearing another team's stuff regularly. I think there is some gray area here but not a ton.

Reactions: atl-cock

Last time I went to Bilo, every employee had on a Bilo t-shirt with an orange tiger paw on it. I started to walk out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT