ADVERTISEMENT

cant beat em join em

RaleighGC

Oct 22, 2008
I see an offensive tackle is transferring from Clem and looking at LSU. We need to give this guy a serious look. The upside to this move could be huge. I didn't research the player so if he is getting booted for striking a woman or something don't hold that against me....

I see an offensive tackle is transferring from Clem and looking at LSU. We need to give this guy a serious look. The upside to this move could be huge. I didn't research the player so if he is getting booted for striking a woman or something don't hold that against me....
Well it couldn't have been that, because they don't dismiss players for that offense, even when there is a shower curtain rod involved.

Fruhmorgen?

They'd block him from transferring to us...no doubt about it.

Reactions: lawcalcock
da1decce-dac6-4b58-963a-1911f902422c_text.gif

Reactions: lostcock
Head case. Got mad when he had a bad game, and Dabo said "it was not a good game for Fruh", called Daddy and told he he wanted out. Word is he can take any criticism or hard coaching and Daddy will swoop in and protect him.

NCAA has shown on many occasions what a joke they are. The transfer rules are another case in point. Hopefully, next month the US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana will start the process towards the elimination of this rule. If junior college players can transfer without restrictions, 4 year schools should have the same opportunity.

http://sportslawinsider.com/the-nca...ecting-fair-play-or-violating-antitrust-laws/

Head case. Got mad when he had a bad game, and Dabo said "it was not a good game for Fruh", called Daddy and told he he wanted out. Word is he can take any criticism or hard coaching and Daddy will swoop in and protect him.
Dad played in the NFL for several years didn't he?

Reactions: SportsFan482
NCAA has shown on many occasions what a joke they are. The transfer rules are another case in point. Hopefully, next month the US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana will start the process towards the elimination of this rule. If junior college players can transfer without restrictions, 4 year schools should have the same opportunity.

http://sportslawinsider.com/the-nca...ecting-fair-play-or-violating-antitrust-laws/
This was the big issue when the NCAA moved its headquarters from Kansas to Indiana in 1997. The federal district courts in Kansas always protected the NCAA against anti-trust and other lawsuits...and by moving the headquarters to Indiana they fell under the jurisdiction of a different federal district court which didn't have the history of protecting the NCAA. In other words, the NCAA may have screwed themselves by moving their headquarters.

How does a school block a kid from specifically attending another school? Is it a clause in the LOI? Is this only in FB?

Hell, if he did that they'd probably give him a helmet sticker and advice on how to do it even better next time.

Um? Your source???

As much as I dislike the NCAA, allowing a player to transfer to another D1 school without sitting for a year would be a nightmare. I believe hundreds and probably thousands of kids don't transfer because of having to sit out a year. Negotiating payments would also a huge issue to have a kid transfer over to your school. But, I'm a believer that the one and done in basketball is also a joke.

Reactions: 78 Yardcock
How does a school block a kid from specifically attending another school? Is it a clause in the LOI? Is this only in FB?
I believe the school has to release him from their scholarship. So the school could say NO, but more often they honor their wish to transfer, just put stipulations on where they can transfer as part of their release. It kind of makes sense...don't want a kid going to a rival school (or one on the upcoming schedule) and sharing information. But at the same time, I think a kid should have the choice to transfer whenever and wherever that want.

As much as I dislike the NCAA, allowing a player to transfer to another D1 school without sitting for a year would be a nightmare. I believe hundreds and probably thousands of kids don't transfer because of having to sit out a year. Negotiating payments would also a huge issue to have a kid transfer over to your school. But, I'm a believer that the one and done in basketball is also a joke.

Agreed...as bad as the recruitment of high school players can get...imagine if schools were able to recruit college players with remaining eligibility.

Um? Your source???

I dont know if it was for the hard coaching or not being able to take criticism but I know he quit on his team mid season. He was the starting right tackle and had a bad game. The next week it was announced he was leaving the team for "personal reasons" and he never returned. At the end of the season he announced he intended to transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT