ADVERTISEMENT

Can't believe there are still Holbrook apologists left - amazing

CapHillCock

Aug 19, 2011
Folks on here today chiding those who are concerned and saying it is the same folks posting over and over again-no wonder this athletic program has been mired in mediocrity for so, so long - too many fans accept it. Now we finally get an elite program and folks seem to be ok with its rapid decline. How much more evidence needs to be gathered for you to see he ain't head coach material? This is big boy athletics- and he has been compensated well- ver well- so no hurt feelings for him if this is above his ability level, which it seems to be.

Originally posted by CapHillCock:
Folks on here today chiding those who are concerned and saying it is the same folks posting over and over again-no wonder this athletic program has been mired in mediocrity for so, so long - too many fans accept it. Now we finally get an elite program and folks seem to be ok with its rapid decline. How much more evidence needs to be gathered for you to see he ain't head coach material? This is big boy athletics- and he has been compensated well- ver well- so no hurt feelings for him if this is above his ability level, which it seems to be.
I'm certainly not okay with the rapid decline, nor am I okay with "quick fix solutions."

Batcat will be there with them until Jennifer kick her out from underneath the stadium blanket.

You are correct! CH is over his head and has had his chance as a head coach. Guess what........it's NOT working. We need a clean sweep in the coaching department!
mad0025.r191677.gif

This team has quite on Holbrook at best or is just completely void of any talent at worst.

I would say that cutting ties after three years of steady and now rapid decline is not a quick fix solution- he has had his chance and it ain't working out- how much more evidence needs to be gathered- we are not even competitive right now- and he inherited a Rolls Royce program- probably wasn't a better college baseball job out there when he took it- the season should finish with him but I would be very upset if he is back next year- this job deserved a person with head caching experience.

only SC will say thanks but no thanks to a coach from Rock Hill with head coaching experience who goes on to lead a team to a Final Four and multiple tourney wins and only sC will make the same mistake twice by saying thanks but no thanks to several smaller college head coaches who seem to have what it takes to win at the next level. I'm thinking the guy from PC and Monty Lee

So incredibly sad to see what has happened to our elite team...can't even win in extra innings against PC...

I would say that cutting ties after three years of steady and now rapid decline is not a quick fix solution- he has had his chance and it ain't working out- how much more evidence needs to be gathered- we are not even competitive right now- and he inherited a Rolls Royce program- probably wasn't a better college baseball job out there when he took it- the season should finish with him but I would be very upset if he is back next year- this job deserved a person with head caching experience.

only SC will say thanks but no thanks to a coach from Rock Hill with head coaching experience who goes on to lead a team to a Final Four and multiple tourney wins and only SC will make the same mistake twice by saying thanks but no thanks to several smaller college head coaches who seem to have what it takes to win at the next level. I'm thinking the guy from PC and Monty Lee
Last year's team should not be considered in the decline given the injuries.

I still contend that a major problem has been lack of team leadership from senior (in terms of longevity, not class) team members. Talent alone won't do it.

Posters who stated to "give the season time; it's baseball" were correct, IMO. However, time has been appropriately given.

Chad will need to think long and hard on what to do in the offseason to fix this (coaching changes, player development, leadership development, good recruiting, etc.). As others have stated, I do think he'll be around next year, and if the team is not competitive in SEC games in 2016 (never mind getting to Omaha) we may find a new HC for 2017.

One thought to keep in mind is that any successor to Chad (be it in the near future or many years down the road) will want to know that the AD will give him time to succeed. It may very well be that Chad doesn't have what it takes to be a HC at this level. I think we'll know for sure come May 2016.

Originally posted by atl-cock:
I'm certainly not okay with the rapid decline, nor am I okay with "quick fix solutions."
What word do you have a problem with "fix?" "solution?" "quick?" May be you are just a "leave it broken for a very long time" kind of guy?

This should be pushpinned!!

Absolutely agree. Anyone still feeling Holbrook deserves more time is just a pumper of the worst kind.

They disappear during a losing streak, but wait till we win one in a series. They sit back in silence thinking the same thing everyone else does but want to ride that high horse on a message board, giving the impression they are "real fans" and don't think that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT