ADVERTISEMENT

Can't seem to find future football schedules, but do we play LSU at LSU

chick75

Jul 14, 2002
Camden, SC
next year? Could not remember how they do the West games with East teams.

Just thinking that if they are on the schedule for next year we could just switch up the contract.

Hate having to go there, but it does make sense.

GOCOCKS! BEATLSU!

SEC-Schedule-Grid-2014-2025-640-278.png

2020. :(

Just looking at the way this is laid out (unless they change things with scheduling again one day), we never will get a home game to make this up.

The league schedules are made years in advance, and each team is given four home, and four road games in the league.

The only way it looks like to me you would ever get this "made up" is if LSU in 2020 says "Hey you know? We feel like having three home, and five road games this year. Let's play the game scheduled for Baton Rouge in Columbia instead."

I don't think that will happen.

The league schedules are made years in advance,."

SEC games are not made years in advance.

If they were, then SC would have a home game with Auburn this season instead of LSU.

And in 2012, SC lost a return home game from MSU which was replaced with a road game at LSU stuck between games with UGA and at UF....the MSU home game somehow made its way to UGA where it replaced a scheduled road game at Alabama.

In just the last 8 years, SC has had return home games with Auburn, LSU, MSU and UM replaced with road games at LSU, Auburn, LSU, Alabama.

That said, I do not expect next years game to be changed...we will have to travel to Baton Rouge again.

Last edited:
Honestly this is moot in a way. There has been talk of going to nine game conference schedules due to pressure from TV. (They want more conference matchups and less cake games). So these future schedules are pretty much meaningless the further out they go.

This can change at any SEC meeting. I would think that the league will make some kind of effort to rectify this and if they don't...oh well. We haven't had our home field advantage for 2 years so why worry.

SEC games are not made years in advance.

If they were, then SC would have a home game with Auburn this season instead of LSU.

And in 2012, SC lost a return home game from MSU which was replaced with a road game at LSU stuck between games with UGA and at UF....the MSU home game somehow made its way to UGA where it replaced a scheduled road game at Alabama.

In just the last 8 years, SC has had return home games with Auburn, LSU, MSU and UM replaced with road games at LSU, Auburn, LSU, Alabama.

That said, I do not expect next years game to be changed...we will have to travel to Baton Rouge again.

The aberration in the schedule to which you are referring was due to Mizzou & aTm joining the league and before the regular rotation was adjusted.

From what I've read, LSU will send all proceeds after expenses to USC. For all I know, perhaps a similar such deal in reverse may happen in 2020; if it happens, it would probably be coordinated by USC, LSU, & the SEC.

Honestly this is moot in a way. There has been talk of going to nine game conference schedules due to pressure from TV. (They want more conference matchups and less cake games). So these future schedules are pretty much meaningless the further out they go.

I don't think a 9-game league schedule would be satisfactory, not with an uneven number of home/away league games each year.

My guess is that TV is more interested in marquee matchups, regardless of whether or not it's a league game. The recent SEC ruling for each member to schedule at least one non-league game against a school from a power-5 conference mitigates the need to go to 9 league games.

I'm certainly not in favor of all the cake games, but would rather see USC play Oklahoma State than Coastal Carolina or Mississippi State again.

I'm telling you, we screwed the pooch on this one... We won't get that LSU game at home in 2020, because LSU will say they have too many road games if they change that game a home game for us...

So your position is that SC went to LSU instead of having a getting their return home game vs MSU, then didn't get a return home game vs LSU but instead had to go to Auburn, then didn't get a return home game vs Auburn but instead got LSU.

Interestingly UGA lost a road trip to Alabama to picked up a home game vs MSU, then lost a return road game against LSU to pick up a home game vs Alabama.

The comment was simply that the league schedules are made 10 years out but, as evidenced, that simply is not the case....

And someone would have to willingly delusional to not have noticed that one team keeps losing return home games for difficult road games while another keeps losing difficult road games to pick up home games....

SEC-Schedule-Grid-2014-2025-640-278.png

To those of you who say the schedule isn't made years in advance.....
It's written in cyber ink of course. Like I mentioned above there have been discussions of a nine game conference schedule. That may or may not happen but if it did the dynamic changes. As I look at the above I'd be for it or some major change to the rotation. It's rather ridiculous to be in a conference when there are teams you play at your place once a decade.

It's written in cyber ink of course. Like I mentioned above there have been discussions of a nine game conference schedule. That may or may not happen but if it did the dynamic changes. As I look at the above I'd be for it or some major change to the rotation. It's rather ridiculous to be in a conference when there are teams you play at your place once a decade.

I agree; it is rather ridiculous to be in a conference where you play other members in football at home once a decade. That is why I was personally opposed to the SEC expanding to 14 schools.

Given the limitations, I like the new rotating schedule. I would hate to play, for example, Mississippi in back-to-back years and then not face the Rebels at all for another 12. Over the long term, we'll play them the same amount of times, but it's more spread out rather than "bunched up."

I agree; it is rather ridiculous to be in a conference where you play other members in football at home once a decade. That is why I was personally opposed to the SEC expanding to 14 schools.

Given the limitations, I like the new rotating schedule. I would hate to play, for example, Mississippi in back-to-back years and then not face the Rebels at all for another 12. Over the long term, we'll play them the same amount of times, but it's more spread out rather than "bunched up."
I didn't have a problem with the expansion just puzzled why Missouri was one of them. (Not sour grapes mind you due to recent defeats, I said that when we were winning). The answer is probably in breaking away from the permanent opponent from opposite division. But the roadblock there is the traditional cross division rivalries.

I didn't have a problem with the expansion just puzzled why Missouri was one of them. (Not sour grapes mind you due to recent defeats, I said that when we were winning). The answer is probably in breaking away from the permanent opponent from opposite division. But the roadblock there is the traditional cross division rivalries.

If the SEC had stayed put at 12 members and UGA, TN, Bama, and Auburn were all in the same division, it would have been rather simple. Five division games and three cross-division games each season. Play 3 of the schools one year, then the other 3 the next (i.e., no home-and home in back-to-back years). In that scenario, for example, we'd play Miss St. every other year, and they'd visit Columbia once every four years. With 14 members and no permanent cross-division opponents, you'd play each cross-division school once every 4-5 years, and at home once every 8-10 years. Not much improvement from this vantage point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT