ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Confidential - July 24 (More recruiting scoop)

W

Wes Mitchell

-- It looks like the Bastrop (La.) duo of wide receiver Isaiah Graham and defensive end Travez Moore won't make it to South Carolina this weekend, but despite that, I'm told South Carolina actually remains in solid shape with both, sight unseen. Graham, in particular, continues to think very highly of the Gamecocks and South Carolina has done an excellent job recruiting him.

Graham's transportation this week fell through, but I'd look for him to take an official visit to South Carolina at some point. TCU may be the Gamecocks' biggest competition here, according to what a couple of different people have told me. South Carolina has a good relationship at Bastrop and should have the chance to move up with Moore, who visited LSU yesterday, as well if they can get him on campus.

-- Georgia Military Academy JUCO OT Akeem Cooperwood is on the list of scheduled visitors for this weekend, and I'm told he's actually already made it into Columbia. Cooperwood has hoped to visit South Carolina before, but it's never quite worked out in the past. Cooperwood is high on the Gamecocks and they've been recruiting him the hardest. While he's said he's probably going to wait it out, I can't completely rule out a commitment while he's on campus.

-- One of the prospects I'm most looking forward to seeing at Saturday's camp is class of 2018 Rock Hill (S.C.) South Pointe ATH Derion Kendrick. The 6-foot-1, 175-pounder already has offers from Clemson and Florida. While I haven't been told that he's definitely in line for an offer this week, if he performs the way I expect him to, he'll likely leave Columbia with one. This is obviously extremely high praise, but Kendrick has been compared by those in Rock Hill to a young Stephon Gilmore and some believe he's got a chance to be the best offensive playmaker that the South Pointe program has seen since Gilmore. Kendrick is similar to Gilmore in that he plays both ways. I've seen some tape of him from this spring and he's got that same effortless ability to make people miss that Gilmore had as well.

-- Several prospects from Dillon (S.C.) are scheduled to camp at South Carolina Saturday including class of 2017 linebacker/defensive end Jermaine McDaniel. At 6-foot-2, 224-pounds, McDaniel is extremely physically mature for his age. Class of 2017 defensive lineman J.T. Melton, who I've heard some good things about, is also among the group.

Reactions: washington cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News