ADVERTISEMENT

** Carolina Confidential - Presented by Herring Ins. (Sandidge, team notes, more)

W

Wes Mitchell

59a97da6aa279-Carolina%20Confidential.png

Recruiting notes...

** As a reminder, Georgia head coach Kirby Smart is set to make his in-home visit to see four-star DT Rick Sandidge and his family tonight.

Smart, joined by defensive line coach Tray Scott, is already at Concord (N.C.) High and then will head over to Sandidge's house this evening to make his final pitch to the prospect. While there's been some talk online that Georgia will be looking to get a final "yes" or "no" from Sandidge's camp tonight, we've been told that Sandidge doesn't plan on making a decision until after head coach Will Muschamp takes his in-home visit, which will come on Saturday.

South Carolina has been the perceived favorite for months, but will have to survive the final push from Georgia in order to land Sandidge, who will announce on Wednesday. As Chris has said repeatedly, it isn't over until it's over.

** We have placed Rock Hill (S.C.) Northwestern class of 2019 three-star wide receiver Jamario Holley on commit watch prior to a couple of different visits to South Carolina. While Holley obviously didn't pull the trigger on a commitment yet, word is that Carolina is still a big favorite and wants the playmaker in its class.

Holley is set to take a visit to Virginia Tech soon and wants to see what the Hokies are all about before making a decision, but I don't think he'll extend his recruitment out too deep, based on his current mindset.

** As previously reported, South Carolina extended an offer to Albany (Ga.) Westover class of 2019 linebacker Jamie Pettway earlier this week and that's a huge offer (and first SEC tender) for the hard-hitting 6-foot-2, 234-pounder. Pettway has strong interest in South Carolina as is another example of the Gamecocks getting in early on a prospect who will likely pick up major offers in the future. Pettway has said on the record that if Georgia offers, then the Bulldogs will be tough to turn down, but short of that offer, I expect Carolina to have major staying power here.

Team notes...

Just a couple of quick team notes to help tide you over. As I've mentioned before, the early enrollees have all come in with the right mindset of being ready to work. One source pointed out defensive end Kingsley Enagbare and running back Deshaun Fenwick as appearing to be "on another level" compared to most freshmen.

Impressively, both prospects have been able to fit right in very quickly with what the returning players are able to do in the weight room and both are big kids who can run. Enagbare has a chance to help as a true freshman in my opinion. I was also told that freshman linebacker Ernest Jones runs incredibly well and has hit the ground running. That's not to say that others haven't too, but those are some guys that were pointed out to me.

As for returning players, these guys were pointed out to me as being leaders who have worked their tails off so far in workouts, here are some names I was given: Keir Thomas, Sherrod Greene, Bryson Allen-Williams, DJ Wonnum, Deebo Samuel and AJ Turner.

Today’s Carolina Confidential is brought to you by Herring Insurance Services. Call, email, or PM Gamecock Central member Brent Herring today to discuss your home and auto insurance needs.

Located in Lexington but serving all of the Carolinas
803-356-0763
Brent@BrentHerring.com
@BHerring06

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News