ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Women can beat Miss. St.

masterjet90

Sep 30, 2001
goes without saying they have to shoot well.. got to stay out of foul trouble.. limit the Bulldogs to one shot.. all of our bigs have to move and play tough and rebound.. I think they can run at times and beat their big girl down the court.. got to clog up the middle, I have seen to many drives down the middle lately.. they have got to cut down on those turnovers.. can not leave the coaches girl open for those 3's.. go out on her.. all of this may happen or none of it, but I do think they can beat them..

If we play as efficiently as we did against Georgia and limit the turnovers, we will have a chance. If we play like we did against Tennessee, we will get our you know what handed to us.

Hopefully Asia can give us 35 minutes today.

Reactions: nikolas22
Depends on guard play and turn overs. Got to take and make open shots. Take Vivian's out and you win. A pride thing more than anything.

We have to play perfectly. Miss. State has to play abysmally.

Disagree with u. We didn't play even close to perfect at MSU and we played with them until the 4th. If we limit turnovers and our guards shoot well it will come down the end like most our games with them. If we allow Vivian to take over again it'll be hard to put it out. But we don't have to play perfect and have them abysmal. If their abysmal we win by 10+

Reactions: VirgilCaine
Disagree with u. We didn't play even close to perfect at MSU and we played with them until the 4th. If we limit turnovers and our guards shoot well it will come down the end like most our games with them. If we allow Vivian to take over again it'll be hard to put it out. But we don't have to play perfect and have them abysmal. If their abysmal we win by 10+
We have to play sublimely and they have to play ignominiously.

Reactions: rogue cock
Carolina has the mental edge against Mississippi State. Yes we lost one against them on their home court this year, however we have won several games against them in this series. Carolina usually wins regardless of who looks better on paper. We have a way of forcing Mississippi State out of character.

Guy on ESPN says big win same seating. #2 in Albany and you know who is there. Well played most of the game until Cliney tried to be a TO machine at the end. Another trophy for the women!

goes without saying they have to shoot well.. got to stay out of foul trouble.. limit the Bulldogs to one shot.. all of our bigs have to move and play tough and rebound.. I think they can run at times and beat their big girl down the court.. got to clog up the middle, I have seen to many drives down the middle .. they have got to cut down on those turnovers.. can not leave the coaches girl open for those 3's.. go out on her.. all of this may happen or none of it, but I do think they can beat them..
Excellent summary MasterJet. They did nearly everything you said and got a big win.

Our bigs dominated Russell and McCowan the last two games. If a team can't hit from the outside against us, then they're going to struggle to score.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Guy on ESPN says big win same seating. #2 in Albany and you know who is there. Well played most of the game until Cliney tried to be a TO machine at the end. Another trophy for the women!

Being placed in the same region as the toughest Number 1 seed, Uconn, is a tough draw for for Carolina, The Defending National Champs, USA coach Dawn Staley, and the 2018 SEC Tourney Champs. It would almost show little respect. The Lexington Bracket with Louisville may be a little better, but I'm sure coach is up to it. At some point we will have to get this Uconn hump off our back if we are truly going to continue to build the type of dynasty that we all want.

giphy.gif

We have to play perfectly. Miss. State has to play abysmally.
When will you admit you don't know jack about basketball... When our guards woman up, we are clearly better than Miss St and most other teams.. We should have beaten them in Starkville.. But give them credit for applying enough pressure for us to punk out in the 4rth qtr... That's exactly what we did to them today... Once they realized we were too good in the paint, they panicked

Reactions: budman1976
Being placed in the same region as the toughest Number 1 seed, Uconn, is a tough draw for for Carolina, The Defending National Champs, USA coach Dawn Staley, and the 2018 SEC Tourney Champs. It would almost show little respect. The Lexington Bracket with Louisville may be a little better, but I'm sure coach is up to it. At some point we will have to get this Uconn hump off our back if we are truly going to continue to build the type of dynasty that we all want.

Charlie Creme doesn't know where the committee will send anyone... We'll see a week from tomorrow.. By our resume and strength of schedule we should be the 2nd two seed behind Baylor

Charlie Creme doesn't know where the committee will send anyone... We'll see a week from tomorrow.. By our resume and strength of schedule we should be the 2nd two seed behind Baylor

We just beat the undefeated, #2 overall seed. That's the best win on anyone's resume. If this was the men's tourney, no question we would be the 2nd overall #2 seed. I don't trust the women's selection committee, though.

When will you admit you don't know jack about basketball... When our guards woman up, we are clearly better than Miss St and most other teams.. We should have beaten them in Starkville.. But give them credit for applying enough pressure for us to punk out in the 4rth qtr... That's exactly what we did to them today... Once they realized we were too good in the paint, they panicked
I won't admit it because I know plenty. I also know how to push buttons, which is a favorite pastime of mine. I was more than half right. Although we were anything but perfect in the fourth quarter, their guards were pretty much abysmal throughout the entire game.

Just because Charlie Creme predicts it, doesn't make it fact.

I won't admit it because I know plenty. I also know how to push buttons, which is a favorite pastime of mine. I was more than half right. Although we were anything but perfect in the fourth quarter, their guards were pretty much abysmal throughout the entire game.

When has Williams ever played well against us? She was benched the last two times we faced them.

I had never even heard of Charlie Creme until yesterday. That has to be a made up name, or he's heir to a cookie fortune.

What a win! I said last week that I thought USC was capable of beating anyone in the SEC on a given day, but I DID NOT think they could win 3 games in 3 days vs ranked teams due to our lack of depth. I really thought USC would run out of gas. Glad I was wrong!!! I don't know if Ty went to the bench at all in the tournament. I know the 3 guards played all 40 minutes vs. Miss State. That was incredible on their part. They looked exhausted afterwards. Glad to see other kids step up. Hope they can do that consistently now because that's what' been missing from this team - consistent scoring from someone whose name isn't A'ja. Have to be proud of the effort! Hope they can make another run in NCAAs! Go Gamecocks.

What a win! I said last week that I thought USC was capable of beating anyone in the SEC on a given day, but I DID NOT think they could win 3 games in 3 days vs ranked teams due to our lack of depth. I really thought USC would run out of gas. Glad I was wrong!!! I don't know if Ty went to the bench at all in the tournament. I know the 3 guards played all 40 minutes vs. Miss State. That was incredible on their part. They looked exhausted afterwards. Glad to see other kids step up. Hope they can do that consistently now because that's what' been missing from this team - consistent scoring from someone whose name isn't A'ja. Have to be proud of the effort! Hope they can make another run in NCAAs! Go Gamecocks.

Not enough have been said about the performance of Ty Harris. She was the second best player on the court, which is saying a lot because Mississippi State has a lot of good players. Beyond the numbers, her composure was outstanding. Also, her entry passes were excellent. Remember all the moaning on here about the lack of shooters? We only hit two 3's yesterday, but Harris was able to get the ball to our bigs, so the lack of outside shooting didn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT