ADVERTISEMENT

Caslen resigns

Equally important is the changes that need to happen now to how our BOT is selected to prevent this kind of political abuse of power from ever happening again.

And also, any UofSC supporter who is even considering voting for the current Governor for re-election, he is the reason this dumpster fire happened to your school!
4 more years, 4 more years!!! 😀

Reactions: hahnenkampf
Equally important is the changes that need to happen now to how our BOT is selected to prevent this kind of political abuse of power from ever happening again.

And also, any UofSC supporter who is even considering voting for the current Governor for re-election, he is the reason this dumpster fire happened to your school!
Not gonna happen unfortunately. This is a State run University, it will always be a political assignment. Our current gubner is a good ole boy to his core, the state is run that way. Prepare for his brother or someone comparable to get the post.

All this bc Caslen rightly noted that alcohol sometimes plays a role in sexual assault.
I’m going to have to disagree with you here. I agreed with Caslen’s comments on the role binge drinking plays in sexual assault, and was in his corner at his hiring.

Now, the guy has just tripped over himself too many times. Assuming the resignation was of his own will, and not a coerced “go ahead and resign and we will give you this golden parachute”, then I do at least respect his action.

A lot of emails also. I know one who sent a several page brief detailing the USMA Honor Code, the USC Honor Code, and Article 133 of the USCMJ and the consequences of violating them.
The lack of judgement in this is puzzling. I'm disappointed.

Tate is going to be a star if he can learn to be a bit less of an asshole. Really disliked by faculty

I didn't know that. Every picture I've seen of him he was smiling - seemed like a pleasant fellow.

USC has got to make a home run on choosing our next leader. I'm very happy with the choice of an interim Prez and very relieved that Gen, Caslen is moving on. It simply didn't work out for him or the school.

Bet! His appointment was political to the highest degree. I'm happy with this outcome. He should not have been president to begin with.

I honestly don't think the man ever wholeheartedly wanted the job.

Wrong

I could give a rip less about being alone, and I don’t really care that much about caslen one way or the other. I just know tomorrow y’all be whining about some else.

The faculty is never happy. I was in one of the graduate schools while Pastides was there, I heard tons of complaints about him. If you read this board you’d think Pastides walked on water.

I see you still have not changed your username to reflect the politically correct version of our university name that you all too frequently employ....

You got me. Maybe politically correct is not the proper terminology. I could probably make the argument that it is I but don't feel like making the effort to do so now. I think most people on here will understand what I am referencing, however.....

Reactions: rogue cock
You got me. Maybe politically correct is not the proper terminology. I could probably make the argument that it is I but don't feel like making the effort to do so now. I think most people on here will understand what I am referencing, however.....
Okay. Fair enough. I was just scratching my head over that one wondering if I had missed something.

Reactions: uscedge21
What is politically correct about UofSC versus USC? Serious question.
It is an unnecessary insertion of a traditional namesake that has been around for over a hundred years. Most adhere to USC and that is all that's needed. The addition was invoked by some paid for study group that thought this gives the University some great new identity. Most of us appreciate the USC logo and want it to stay that way. .

It is an unnecessary insertion of a traditional namesake that has been around for over a hundred years. Most adhere to USC and that is all that's needed. The addition was invoked by some paid for study group that thought this gives the University some great new identity. Most of us appreciate the USC logo and want it to stay that way. .
i understand that and also much prefer the traditional USC. However, I didn't see...and don't see...what would make one more politically correct than the other.

I see you still have not changed your username to reflect the politically correct version of our university name that you all too frequently employ....

Ah yes....the "politically correct" talking point charge thrown at anything you simply don't agree with. Stop cancelling UofSC.

I assume Pastides has a better relationship with Darla Moore? Can he make a call to her his top priority please? I may not “like” her but we need to keep our big donors and she was the biggest.

Darla Moore for new President. She certainly has experience running a company.

I think that business people with no experience on a college campus can be great university presidents when times are good (financially), because they can keep things rolling and just keep building on momentum. However, they can be a disaster when times are bad because the solutions usually involve indiscriminate cuts because they don't really understand the university business model. And they make cuts with a chainsaw instead of a scalpel.

I do think her love of the university (if that's still there), and a good staff around her that she will listen to, would make her a fine candidate.

I just hope the trustees don't cave and let the faculty dictate the hiring of some critical race theory social justice type. I don't want to see my university turned over to a bunch of left-wing crazies.

Caslen is apparently a bit of an idiot. People were gunning for him, and he kept giving them ammunition.

I just hope the trustees don't cave and let the faculty dictate the hiring of some critical race theory social justice type. I don't want to see my university turned over to a bunch of left-wing crazies.

Caslen is apparently a bit of an idiot. People were gunning for him, and he kept giving them ammunition.

Ok, in the last search....who were these social justice types (as you say) the faculty were advocating for?

I assume Pastides has a better relationship with Darla Moore? Can he make a call to her his top priority please? I may not “like” her but we need to keep our big donors and she was the biggest.
Her fight goes beyond Caslen. Her attacks were at the board level. But yes, it would be a good time for a reconciliation as both sides can throw Caslen under the bus. Heaven knows, we need a win right now. Some good news. It's pretty clear what some were saying, and that Caslen was done from the start of the fiasco. They were simply putting the transition in place with Pastides and working out details. Good move. He has credibility, even if you disagree with some of his moves. You know the saying about sometimes you have to hit rock bottom. We there.

As opposed to caving in and letting the governor force through an unqualified candidate that didn't even make the initial cut?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT