ADVERTISEMENT

Cicada Alert

Gamecock Jacque

Dec 20, 2020
I saw a couple of strays this week. My little Yorkie ate one. (She really liked it too.) This morning here in Greenwood I stepped out and heard the "flying saucer" sounds going. They're coming out now.

the-birds-attack.gif

Except it's cicadas.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
the-birds-attack.gif

Except it's cicadas.
The loner I saw Wednesday landed right in front of me. I poked at it and it spun around and faced me with those big red eyes and spread its wings as wide they would go to intimidate me. "Watch out dude! I just increased my apparent size relative to you from .05% to .075%! Don’t be stupid. I have just one word for you: Don’t." Then my dog ate him.

i watched them crawl out of the ground the other day. I could hear a sound like Rice Krispies and finally saw them coming from the ground and crawling over leaves to trees. Few days later all I hear is some loud noise that sounds like I live beside a manufacturing plant.

The loner I saw Wednesday landed right in front of me. I poked at it and it spun around and faced me with those big red eyes and spread its wings as wide they would go to intimidate me. "Watch out dude! I just increased my apparent size relative to you from .05% to .075%! Don’t be stupid. I have just one word for you: Don’t." Then my dog ate him.
Adult ones are probably not good for dogs to eat too many of, because of the exoskeletons, but I've seen dogs digging up the grubs to eat those, which I'm sure make more tender morsels.

Don’t 😂😂😂

The birds in the neighborhood are starting to look like they could stand to lose a couple of feathers or so.

I was out in rural Saluda County this past weekend and those suckers were chirping up a storm. It was a very loud, constant hum.

I've been inspecting Bridges around the Columbia area this week. The cicadas were particularly bad in Chapin and Lexington near the lake. I have not heard them downtown or in the Northeast at all.

To me they sound like burglar alarms in the distance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT