ADVERTISEMENT

Clempson VS South Carolina Recruiting

GameLawk

Gold Member
May 4, 2015
I know, I know there has been a lot of talk on here lately about clempson's recruiting. Lots of back a fourth about whether they are really out recruiting us, and has our recruiting gone down hill etc. etc...

I was initially going to make this reply to the other thread, but I feel it is about to go in a different direction and deserved to start anew. below is the message I replied to for context purposes.
If you want to sit here and look through orange colored glasses and make excuses for them fine by me. Reality is that they've consistantly out recruited us. Since 2008 we've out recruited them one year according to Stars. So how in the heck do you even attempt to make a point based of them playing catch up? That may be the worst argument I've heard yet. It's simple and clear as can be that we are just the better coached more talented team. They put together a team last year that was nearly senior or junior in every position. Heck even the back ups at a lot of those positions were seniors. Good for them. I'm sure they will raise another team that takes them four/ five years to coach up that can possibly beat us again. Unfortunately for them things are just getting worse for the necks.

Like I said, the make-up of those teams while (starting in 2008 since that's what year you started at) were not that good.Yes, they started recruiting better around 2008-2009ish, but it's not like they just automatically become a better team just because of a few recruiting classes. Those classes can't do it on their own, and they also need time to grow.

The same thing can be said about us in the 4 or 5 years before that.
2003-
Carolina: Ranked 8th- 5*s-1 4*s-4 3*s-18 out of 29 Recruits
Clemson: Ranked 67th- 5*s-0 4*s-2 3*s-10 out of 17 Recruits

2004-
Carolina: Ranked 38th- 5*s-0 4*s-3 3*s-11 out of 29 recruits
Clemson: Ranked 61st- 5*s-0 4*s-1 3*s 7 out of 27 recruits

---Those two classes are pretty telling

Carolina: Ranked 23rd- 5*s-0 4*s-6 3*s-15 out of 28 Recrutis
Clemson: Ranked 17th- 5*s-0 4*s-6 3*s-15 out of 25 Recruits

Carolina: Ranked 24th- 5*s-0 4*s-6 3*s-14 out of 24 Recruits
Clemson: Ranked 16th- 5*s-2 4*s-6 3*s-10 out of 20 Recruits

Carolina: Ranked 6th- 5*s-1 4*s-14 3*s-13 out of 31 Recruits
Clemson: Ranked 16th- 5*s 0 4*s-8 3*s-12 out of 23 Recruits

It doesn't matter what kind of classes they bring in after that, its going to take time to show up on the field. During that 5 year recruiting span, Carolina was either completely outclassing clemson or within close enough range (no more than 10 spots) that it doesn't make too much more of a difference. Yet we still lost 5 out 6 to them during this span. Point being, it takes time to build, and that's what clemson has done. And unfortunately for us, they are doing it at higher level than either program has experienced before.

The parallels are uncanny and you can choose to ignore them if you want to, but if the trend continues this rivalry is not going to be nearly as fun as it was during our 5 years of dominance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News