ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fan jim who just called 107.5

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
A clemson fan named jim just called into 107.5 to make fun of our loss to ut last night.
Im just curious as to if 107.5 screens the callers before they go on air and if so why do they let smart aleck clemson fans get thru.
And for those of u wanting to kno why i even bother listening, i was driving and wanted to hear some imput about the bb game.

Why don't somebody call in and ask Jim where Clemsuc is getting their PEDs and he would probably shut the hell up.

A clemson fan named jim just called into 107.5 to make fun of our loss to ut last night.
Im just curious as to if 107.5 screens the callers before they go on air and if so why do they let smart aleck clemson fans get thru.
And for those of u wanting to kno why i even bother listening, i was driving and wanted to hear some imput about the bb game.
I’m sorry but a true Clemson fan would never trash talk about basketball. A true Clemson fan only cares about football.
Seriously, we do really stink at basketball.

That's what I call true obsession...winning a national title but calling in to comment on a USC basketball loss. That's really pathetic.

Reactions: zack# and jonesz21
They sometimes do. I've called several times and I've been screened some and other times I've been patched straight through after giving my name.

Thing is, anyone can give a fake question to ask and then go on air and troll.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Why would you want to screen callers?

any fan calling in to make fun of us for losing to the number 1 basketball team in the country only makes himself sound like a moron- even to, in this case, other Clemson fans.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
If you don't know who this caller is why do you care about his opinion and better yet, let it bother you ?
It bothers me because 107.5 is supposed to be "home of the gamecocks." Its supposed to be UoffSC flagship station. I dont care if a Clemson fan has nothing better to do than call in and discuss the game. But to call in and make fun of our team on our station shouldnt be tolerated imho.

Reactions: zack#
When I use to visit their rivals site many moons ago my users named would get be banned

Other than being a redneck jerk on the radio, it makes me wonder why idiot fans like "Jim" think they have an valid affiliation with a university other than being lucky enough to be born in the state.

If you don't know who this caller is why do you care about his opinion and better yet, let it bother you ?
It bothers me because 107.5 is supposed to be "home of the gamecocks." Its supposed to be UoffSC flagship station. I dont care if a Clemson fan has nothing better to do than call in and discuss the game. But to call in and make fun of our team on our station shouldnt be tolerated imho.

107.5 is home to some weak assed disc jockeys.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Makes perfect sense to me. Get someone on with a completely diametric point of view to spew some nonsense. Now you get the loyal base to start calling in and in your case tell others. Now hopefully the people you told start listening to see if that happens again. Viola ! Ratings go up

Seems like every time a Clemmer calls a radio show, they start like this. "I'm a Clemson fan, but about those Gamecocks..."

Not sure I've every heard a Clemson fan call a radio show and talk about Clemson.

That's what I call true obsession...winning a national title but calling in to comment on a USC basketball loss. That's really pathetic.
Almost immediately after they won the game, I saw many of my Clemson friends posting smack talk involving the Gamecocks. I was like "y'all just won the NC and all y'all can think about is us?" Talk about obsessed. We truly are living rent free in some of their heads.

After we won the NC in Baseball and WBB the absolute last thing I thought of was Clemson.

Makes perfect sense to me. Get someone on with a completely diametric point of view to spew some nonsense. Now you get the loyal base to start calling in and in your case tell others. Now hopefully the people you told start listening to see if that happens again. Viola ! Ratings go up

What do Violas have to do with ratings?

Reactions: Zann77
I understand that feeling but I prefer to hear people like that instead of cutting them off. We don't need a Fox News or CNN/MSNBC version of radio. Let's hear it all.

Gamecock fans can handle hearing the occasional goofy call. I think it makes us look worse when we try to censor someone.

Plus, as I said above - someone calling in to make fun of us for losing to the number 1 basketball team only makes himself sound silly.

Reactions: ddw1263
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT