ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson has a playoff caliber schedule....LOL!!!

wallycock

Oct 11, 2001
Did I really hear the color commentator say that? If I didn't know better, I'd have thought that a Tater announcer was in the booth. That may be the greatest backhanded comment on Clemson's easy schedule I've ever heard!

Did I really hear the color commentator say that? If I didn't know better, I'd have thought that a Tater announcer was in the booth. That may be the greatest backhanded comment on Clemson's easy schedule I've ever heard!
That was Palmer that said that. I was assuming g he was referring to the FCS playoffs.

VT was pretty much even with them until they lost their starting qb. It's about matchups and good defense. South Carolina fans should know very well...mix in a great defense with a couple players on offense that are playmakers, and you can have a string of 11 win seasons in a row.

Just glad to get out of Louisville with a win.

VT was pretty much even with them until they lost their starting qb. It's about matchups and good defense. South Carolina fans should know very well...mix in a great defense with a couple players on offense that are playmakers, and you can have a string of 11 win seasons in a row.

Until Ohio state decided to play you mean. They have a gear no one else has and you know it..you are truly delusional if you think that team on the field tonight is playoff quality..good grief!

With that cupcake schedule, y'all won't make the playoffs even if you go undefeated.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I can understand why you would hope for that, but it's simply not true. There would be at least 2-4 wins vs teams that were ranked (ND, GT, FSU, championship game)
I looked over your schedule, I dont think Dumbo and crew have played any of these yet. Wait until they play a team that actually can fill tall their roster spots with players..

Watson has yet to beat a ranked team, so beating 3 ranked teams this season is not a given.
Maybe you missed what I was replying to. It was stated:

"With that cupcake schedule, y'all won't make the playoffs even if you go undefeated."

Where the focus in my argument is on "even if you go undefeated"

Your schedule has 4 ranked teams 2 in the top 15. Clemson has 3 ranked teams all in the top 15.

Which schedule are you looking at?
Texas A&M, Georgia, LSU, Mizzou, and Clemson (probably not when we play) are all ranked teams. That's 5 ranked teams on our schedule. TN just fell out of the top 25 with a close loss to OU.

compare entire and out of conference schedule.. Not just a few "Key Games"
Vandy is Terrible
Kentucky is not great squeaked out a win over Louisiana Lafayette
Florida is still not a good team
Missouri barely beat Arkansas State and will not be ranked much longer
UCF is awful.
Citadel is FCS.

Lets not pretend like you are playing in the SEC West and your schedule is packed full of Juggernauts. The SEC East is a weak division and has been for the past several years.

Which is why I had you guys at 8-4 to start the year. I now think you finish 6-6 or 7-5 after the Kentucky loss.

Vandy is Terrible
UCF is awful.
Citadel is FCS.

Lets not pretend like you are playing in the SEC West and your schedule is packed full of Juggernauts. The SEC East is a weak division and has been for the past several years.

Which is why I had you guys at 8-4 to start the year. I now think you finish 6-6 or 7-5 after the Kentucky loss.
APPST, Wofford, BC, Weak Forest Syracuse (Didnt even know they had a football team) Lousiville,

Reactions: BigTomE
Vandy is Terrible
UCF is awful.
Citadel is FCS.

Can you look at Clemson's schedule without laughing?
I can't.
Clemson played 3 ranked teams last season and lost to all 3. Clemson plays 3 ranked teams again this season. Do you think they win 1? Or will they go 9-3 again and you guys brag like they're an "elite National championship" program?

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT