ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson made Chad Morris highest paid OC in country. Will we pay top dollar for great OC?

jonesz21

Aug 9, 2005
guess we will soon see how serious we are about winning. CleMson paid the money

Was he highest paid at the time they hired him? Or later after he proved himself?

Don’t think it was at time of hire since he was one year out of being a high school coach with only Tulsa on his résumé.
^^^ what he said

I'm sure if we find one that puts up the kind of points morris's offense did we will pay to keep him. I doubt if we will pay top dollar to get someone though.

guess we will soon see how serious we are about winning. CleMson paid the money
You realize, Dabo initially took less salary so he could pay his assistants more. Name one other head coach that did that? Chad Morris was paid 450k his first year at Clemson. When Clemson hired Dabo, people said it was because Clemson was too cheap to hire a “big name” coach. And they were too cheap to pay assistants as well. Dabo sacrificed his salary, on his staff, that included Morris who had 1 year in group of 5 football experience.

Reactions: clempzenbill
You realize, Dabo initially took less salary so he could pay his assistants more. Name one other head coach that did that? Chad Morris was paid 450k his first year at Clemson. When Clemson hired Dabo, people said it was because Clemson was too cheap to hire a “big name” coach. And they were too cheap to pay assistants as well. Dabo sacrificed his salary, on his staff, that included Morris who had 1 year in group of 5 football experience.

I also realize South Carolina athletic dept is one of the top ten in the country financially

Reactions: lawcalcock
Was he highest paid at the time they hired him? Or later after he proved himself?

Don’t think it was at time of hire since he was one year out of being a high school coach with only Tulsa on his résumé.

He was hired 2011
In December 2011, Morris became tied with Gus Malzahn as the highest paid assistant in college football after Clemson University gave Morris a six-year contract worth $1.3 million annually.[3]

Reactions: lawcalcock

In December 2011, Morris became tied with Gus Malzahn as the highest paid assistant in college football after Clemson University gave Morris a six-year contract worth $1.3 million annually.[3]

There really is nobody like Dabo. It just goes without saying.

Reactions: jonesz21

Spurrier did that before Dabo did.

Reactions: BigBlackCock
It makes zero sense to hire from within. If McClendon and/or Bentley are the choices in 2017/2018 then why were they not in 2015/2016? They were already on staff. If USC goes on the cheap then it wouldn’t surprise anyone. We half ass things. Never have been committed like klempson. The results speak for themselves.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
It makes zero sense to hire from within. If McClendon and/or Bentley are the choices in 2017/2018 then why were they not in 2015/2016? They were already on staff. If USC goes on the cheap then it wouldn’t surprise anyone. We half ass things. Never have been committed like klempson. The results speak for themselves.

I agree hiring from within is idiotic..It's a chance Muschamp simply cannot take...This hire must be a proven OC that can put up points and numbers while energizing the fan base with exciting offensive football...

I believe you are wrong about Tanner and Pastides...I think they are fully committed to winning at the highest level...If Coach Boom goes to Tanner and says i want to invest a cool Million/yr to Hire Yurcich from Okst, they'll spend the money...The contract would more than pay for itself with excited fans in the seats and enthusiastic recruits wanting to join the party

Reactions: rogue cock
All the residents of my town of Cynicville say no. We will see. It would surprise me if Boom goes off staff for OC. It will tell us all we need to know about whether or not USC FB admin is serious about competing with Clemson. If the answer is no then we fans need to let them know that that is not OK.
I have one thing to be grateful for as far as Clemson's success goes and that is I don't have to read those posts that say the reason we can't win a FBNC is because we live in a small state.

I agree hiring from within is idiotic..It's a chance Muschamp simply cannot take...This hire must be a proven OC that can put up points and numbers while energizing the fan base with exciting offensive football...

I believe you are wrong about Tanner and Pastides...I think they are fully committed to winning at the highest level...If Coach Boom goes to Tanner and says i want to invest a cool Million/yr to Hire Yurcich from Okst, they'll spend the money...The contract would more than pay for itself with excited fans in the seats and enthusiastic recruits wanting to join the party

I believe it will be McClendon. I hope i am wrong. Tanner and Pastides put up with the spurrier fiasco that went back to the 2012-13 offseason, hired Holbrook etc. Thats one top 10 program and one top 5 program that dominated our rivals. Both have cratered since. No, i have no confidence in tanner or Pastides.

Simple they went half way across the US Ian’s got a great offensive mind. Hope we do a nation wide search too for a first

They know how to light a fire underneath their administration’s i will say that. Still haven’t figured out how to do that in Columbia it seems.

We're not cheap. We paid Whammy and Hoke a combined $1.5 million to coach our defense in 2015; Muschamp was the highest paid DC in the country at $1.6 million. We had to overpay because we lacked stability at the top.

Morris made $450,000 his first year at Clemson. They only starting throwing around money after Dabo was established.

I doubt it, we are too tight and don't want to get the checkbook out but if we are gonna win , we are gonna have to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT