ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson May have gained another bag man.....

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
if the name I am hearing that has won the Mega Millions lottery is true, he has Clem-Tech stuff posted online. Just what we need. The Taliban getting more resources.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
any school but Clemron please. Well maybe UGA, Tennessee, UNC and a few others.

I’ve heard it’s a Charleston Southern fan lolz

I know you think I’m joking but since I live in the upstate and work In Simpsonville the name has merit. Initials are SJ but I’m not going to put the guys name out for the world to see. He hasn’t chosen to go public yet.

But predictably he has quit his job which isn’t too far from where the ticket was purchased. Word is spreading whether he wanted it to or not.

I read somewhere yesterday that South Carolina is one of 8 states that lottery winners can remain anonymous if they choose to.

They can but with social media and the actual media following this like a hawk and the curiosity of others, it’s pretty much impossible.

How could you keep that secret from your family and friends? How could you be assured not one of them would tell other people?

Trust me it will leak. It’s like trying to stick a rag in hole on the titanic

Reactions: Judson1 and 92Pony
The guy in Lexington who won $400 million about five years ago remained anonymous. Supposedly was buying hot dog buns at the gas station and picked up a few tickets on the way home from work.

Reactions: 67gamecock
I know you think I’m joking but since I live in the upstate and work In Simpsonville the name has merit. Initials are SJ but I’m not going to put the guys name out for the world to see. He hasn’t chosen to go public yet.

But predictably he has quit his job which isn’t too far from where the ticket was purchased. Word is spreading whether he wanted it to or not.
I know his first name and it does start with an S.

I have heard from several "non-winners" that live in the Simpsonville area he is an engineer at ZF Transmission and is regrettably , for you guys, a Clemson grad

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Lawman you`re right - always wondered who won that. If I remember correctly wife asked him to stop on the way home and get hot dog buns. I don`t think he had played before but saw how big the jackpot was and bought $20 worth of tickets. I`ve never heard a word about who it is. Likely harder to hide in Simpsonville though. I used to live there - why did I move?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I told my wife Wed evening around 10 PM before the drawing, I forgot to buy a ticket, but I still had time. The store where the ticket was purchased is only about 5 miles from my house. I was pissed, but I have never been in that store in the 24 years I’ve lived here, and thewinning numbetrs were not Amy I would have played. I would like to know if these jackpot winners won by picking their own numbers, or did they just do a quick pick.

I despise getting in line behind lottery people. They'll buy $30.00 worth of tickets and then put $3.37 worth of gas in their Dodge Dart.

It's worse when they get no gas but are parked at the pump. Spend 20 minutes picking their numbers and half the time are parked so they're blocking 2 of the 4 pumps.

Reactions: FORKCOCK

This guy’s going to have long-lost “friends” and “family” crawling out of the woodwork to “help” him “manage” his new-found wealth.

Sometimes I think it would be better to win a smaller jackpot to pay off the bills, set up your kids/grandkids with their college funds, and continue building your wealth with your own hard work. JMO.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I think he can either keep Clemson or keep his anonymity, but probably not both. I know a lot of people talk about the money not changing them and they'd continue (mostly) with their normal lives doing the things they've always done with the people they've always done it with, but that's not practical with sums of money this large. If the winner has any hope of remaining anonymous, he would almost have to relocate to another place. Even then, it's probably impossible to hide a net worth of half a billion dollars, but at least the new people in that area would have no expectations that they are owed anything due to their relationship with the winner.

The winner never has to worry about money (or a lot of other stuff) ever again. But he/she has a lot of new worries that they would have never dreamed of a week ago.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I think he can either keep Clemson or keep his anonymity, but probably not both. I know a lot of people talk about the money not changing them and they'd continue (mostly) with their normal lives doing the things they've always done with the people they've always done it with, but that's not practical with sums of money this large. If the winner has any hope of remaining anonymous, he would almost have to relocate to another place. Even then, it's probably impossible to hide a net worth of half a billion dollars, but at least the new people in that area would have no expectations that they are owed anything due to their relationship with the winner.

The winner never has to worry about money (or a lot of other stuff) ever again. But he/she has a lot of new worries that they would have never dreamed of a week ago.

Better get some security.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT